Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tweeter color/type
Good to know. Maybe that anodizing treatment that f1eng talked about helped with that...
Regarding the color, I don't think the so-called "photographs" are actual photographs. These are most likely 3D renderings from the CAD software they used to design Phantom. Using this type of software, you can do many fancy things regarding color and such.
(22-Sep-2015, 11:12)yesgrey Wrote: Yes, definitely it's not beryllium, because in that case we would also have a 40kHz top instead of "only" 25kHz. Wink but that's a good thing, because when I read how toxic beryllium can be I did not feel very excited to have something made of it at home, as good as it might sounds, and as safe as they claim it to be!... Wink
Beryllium is a bit like asbestos and big dogs; as long as you don't disturb it, there's nothing to worry about. The dangers come when it's machined. Apparently then it's highly carcinogenic.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(23-Sep-2015, 02:46)Pim van Vliet Wrote: The dangers come when it's machined. Apparently then it's highly carcinogenic.
It's not carcinogenic problems. Check Scanspeak beryllium tweeters notes about it.
I removed the grid some months ago. It does sound a bit better IMO but the treble is still a bit short to my ears. Not talking so much about bandwith here but more the impression that cymbals, triangle or chimes resonance is somehow shorten compared with JBL 2405 tweeter for example.

(22-Sep-2015, 11:18)yesgrey Wrote:
(21-Sep-2015, 18:08)Phs Wrote: As you can see on this pic it is not fabric.
Just curious, did you listen to them like that, or did you remove the grill only to show us the tweeter? If the former, does the sound improve that much to be worthy taking the risk of damaging the tweeters by accident?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk