Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Golds moved to 2.8.5version, one gone back to 2.8.3
Anyone experiencing a Premier with dos2 installed that casually goes back to the previous firmware?

Suddenly one of my two Golds has gone back to 2.8.3 firmware version, the left speaker (after one month spent with 2.8.5 version installed). The right one still on 2.8.5.

It happened when I turned them on tonight. The left one was not found and when it came alive it was back to 2.8.3. The stereo pair was clearly showing audio sync issues, this is why I inspected the settings through the app and found out the firmware difference btw the two. Tried to reset and re-install the Golds again as a pair. Nothing changed.

I’ve just sent a help message to the CS but like to know if anyone has experienced this.
(22-Jan-2020, 22:07)massi.rav Wrote: Anyone experiencing a Premier with dos2 installed that casually goes back to the previous firmware?

Suddenly one of my two Golds has gone back to 2.8.3 firmware version, the left speaker (after one month spent with 2.8.5 version installed). The right one still on 2.8.5.

It happened when I turned them on tonight. The left one was not found and when it came alive it was back to 2.8.3. The stereo pair was clearly showing audio sync issues, this is why I inspected the settings through the app and found out the firmware difference btw the two. Tried to reset and re-install the Golds again as a pair. Nothing changed.

I’ve just sent a help message to the CS but like to know if anyone has experienced this.

That's the weirdest thing I've heard for a while - even on this forum!  You really can't make this stuff up can you.
Quite strange indeed and surprised as well.

Anyway after sending the help request to Devialet CS through the App (and after 24h) an update was eventually pushed to my devices as soon as I opened the App under my WiFi connection. The update lasted more or less 2 minutes then the left speaker emitted the usual sound to say “I am alive again”. Watched the info on the app and now it is back to 2.8.5...

No feedback from Devialet CS but I feel like they have reacted after I sent the request, as usual very fast (at least in my experience).

Anyway unless of a casual default, this shows still a bit of unreliability of DOS2 according to my feeling.
Wow that is quite interesting. My theory is the following. In DOS1, the update operation used to take quite some time... In DOS2, however, once you click the Install button, it feels faster. It actually looks like the Phantom simply reboots. The music goes on for 10 seconds or so, and then it takes about the same time it takes when simply turning on to get back to a working state and the turn-on sound. So... I think it means there are two versions installed in parallel. Which makes perfect sense, to avoid damaging your current firmware version if you turn the Phantom off at a bad moment, for instance. When you "install" a new version, it is actually already there, just waiting for a reboot.

What is worrisome here is that it decided to go back to the other version by itself. Good thing you detected that! It might be just a glitch. Or it might be a hardware issue. Or, of course, a software bug. I suggest you keep your eyes open and if you see that again, you should contact the customer support again.
(06-Feb-2020, 23:50)quartz78 Wrote: Wow that is quite interesting. My theory is the following. In DOS1, the update operation used to take quite some time... In DOS2, however, once you click the Install button, it feels faster. It actually looks like the Phantom simply reboots. The music goes on for 10 seconds or so, and then it takes about the same time it takes when simply turning on to get back to a working state and the turn-on sound. So... I think it means there are two versions installed in parallel. Which makes perfect sense, to avoid damaging your current firmware version if you turn the Phantom off at a bad moment, for instance. When you "install" a new version, it is actually already there, just waiting for a reboot.

What is worrisome here is that it decided to go back to the other version by itself. Good thing you detected that! It might be just a glitch. Or it might be a hardware issue. Or, of course, a software bug. I suggest you keep your eyes open and if you see that again, you should contact the customer support again.

You might be right. I’ve been monitoring firmware versione for the next days and everything was fine: same version set for both speakers. Now I have moved to 2.9.0 so hopefully it shouldn’t happen anymore.

Nevertheless two days ago and after a few days of perfect stability under 2.9.0, all my set up (1xReactor, 2xGold, 1xClassic) was not “discoverable on line”; the app was showing the devices but music was not flowing. Spotify could not connect to the speakers even if shown in the list of the available devices. All the speakers could sound just via Bluetooth and Reactor could sound because connected via Optical to TV. I though to a WiFi network problem but the net was working perfectly. I had to reboot the system in order to have the sound pushed “on line” again. Now after two days everything is working properly again. 

These Devialet toys are great pieces of hardware, but software wise....they’re still a bit weak according to my experience. Anyway problems have effected my experience just in a very limited way after one year and Devialet CS always responded fast and accurately to problems. 

I do not have other experiences with competitors’ toys, so this is a just a shot in the dark, but they should improve with software stability management. I would also enjoy an Equalizer (I cannot have a PC connect in my enviroment) and multi room would be nice to have.