Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UNCERTIFIED Roon issue with one of two Phantoms.
Hi everyone. First post here.

Does anyone have an issue similarly or exactly as the following:

Stereo pair of phantoms (gold to be specific). Both have 2.12.5. Roon states that both (separately) are “uncertified”, but the Left one Roon lets me play through. (This speaker had been connected and used with Roon before 1.8 and before Devialet’s updates.

The right speaker just arrived and is a replacement unit for my previous right speaker. Roon will not let me play through this speaker and gives the error message (attached here) “Unfortunately, the manufacturer has not yet completed certification of this device…etc…”

Trying to set up as stereo pair with the left one as master doesn’t work. (see second attached image). Renaming them didn’t work. Restarting them didn’t work. I haven’t factory reset them yet but I don’t want the left one to not work at all through Roon Ready.

Any ideas? Help please!!!

Try to restart Roon Core, it should fix the problem.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(26-Feb-2021, 22:55)ragwo Wrote: Try to restart Roon Core, it should fix the problem.

Thanks for trying to help! How would you explain restarting Roon Core? I'm using my 2020 MacBook Pro as a Roon Core and I logged out and logged back in. I also tried restarting my computer. Still has the same issue.
You have restarted the core when restarting the MacBook. I'm sorry it didn't work. You should open a ticket at the Roon forum in the support section, they should be able to help you.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
@K1MCHI  Roon is very strict on how a device identifies itself for RAAT compliance. If your Phantom sends an 'unknown' string when handshaking with RAAT it will fail. You can not see this happening, it's a hidden process.
If this is the problem, either Roon will have to add the new ID to the certification (quick solution) or Devialet must change the identification string (will take time, probably requires a new firmware for the Phantoms)
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB