Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[UPDATE: Solution] Horrible experience with Devialet Repair Service
I wonder if they peep in here from time to time?
               Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ET LF8bs, B&W AS700 sub.  2 x Dachshunds
(28-Jun-2023, 20:32)chrisc Wrote: I wonder if they peep in here from time to time?

I did make them aware that I am documenting my experience online. My rep did however seem aware of the existence of the website before I mentioned it! Which would be a net positive in my books as it shows they're in touch with what their most dedicated base of fans is interested in.
Happy to hear it! I've dealt with Sebastian in the past as well.

Speaking of keeping Phantoms in pristine cosmetic condition and accidentally marking them, I recently did the same thing to a brand new pair of Phantom I Golds in the matte finish (which I love BTW). This finish, I discovered, is particularly sensitive to dirt and stains. I was walking past one of the Phantoms carrying a cardboard box which was dirty when it arrived from the courier. I accidently lightly brushed the box against one of the woofers, leaving a black mark on that beautiful matte white finish. Ugh! Horror. It wouldn't wipe away with a dampened microfiber cloth, or a dampened microfiber cloth with liquid soap. Hmm. Long story short I did some research on the Devialet site which recommended using windshield wiper fluid! Upon more research I found that windshield wiper fluid is ethanol based. With a fair bit of trepidation I attempted to clean again using a microfiber cloth. It took some elbow grease but finally worked.

This only works on the matte finish. DO NOT try this on the glossy finish.

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...et-product-

Cheers. Enjoy the music.
2 Channel Power / Signal Path: APC H15 → Mistral Audio W-3900 → Custom Roon Server → Silent Angel Bonn N8 → Silent Angel Forester F1 → miniDSP SHD Studio → Mutec MC-3+ USB → Devialet Phantom I 108dB

Headphone iFi Audio iDSD Signature → Grado GS1000i
(28-Jun-2023, 20:32)chrisc Wrote: I wonder if they peep in here from time to time?
Some of their employees are on the forum and on a strictly unofficial and personal basis. Plus, a few people here have better access than most...
I am extremely satisfied with the customer service I received from Devialet regarding the repair this week of my Phantom Gold speakers. After a minor accident caused dents in the speaker cones, Devialet's support team responded promptly and guided me through the return process.

The repair process was fast and efficient (7 days), with clear communication throughout. The replaced speaker cones were expertly installed, resulting in flawless sound reproduction. Devialet's commitment to customer satisfaction and attention to detail were evident.

I highly recommend Devialet for their excellent product quality and exceptional customer service. Thank you, Devialet, for resolving my speaker issues and exceeding my expectations.
I have updated the OP with the resolution of my case. I'm happy to report that contacting customer care resulted in a great solution for both parties. More details in the initial post and feel free to reach out in private should you have additional questions.