Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D220 wireless connection
Agreed, it sounds like it "should just work", so I understand your frustration. Your plan to stick with 100base-T sounds like a good one, in the circumstances.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
1) WiFi password needs to be provided in Configurator, password in external file is not supported with CI card
2) while static IP is supported it is better to use dynamic IP (couple be reserved in router)
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
(12-May-2019, 17:33)maxijazz Wrote: 1) WiFi password needs to be provided in Configurator, password in external file is not supported with CI card
2) while static IP is supported it is better to use dynamic IP (couple be reserved in router)

Tried both with Google WiFi and firewall off but not working for some reason.  As mentioned, I will focus on 100mbps switch with Cat5e cables to my D220 until Devialet finds some time to fix the Roon process.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
(09-May-2019, 22:45)Flashman Wrote: I am having an issue connecting wirelessly to my D220.  I use Google WiFi and and I am turning off my Norton firewall momentarily so as not to create a problem.  I have input my SSID/password in the configurator and disconnected the Ethernet cable, yet it doesn't connect.  I get the cross through on the wireless symbol on my D220 on the Air source.  Any suggestions?

I am trying to connect wirelessly while Devialet/Roon work out the issues about RAAT and streaming to the D220.

Thanks, Michael

Well, I finally got a wireless connection to my D220 via Google WiFi.  Not sure why it suddenly started working but it's a nice source until Roon Ready via gigabit switch is fixed.

As an aside, though I typically use Roon/Tidal/local files for my music, I tried Spotify Connect directly to the D220.  I was stunned at how good Spotify Premium sounded!
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.