Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
UPnP+Subwoofers Bug?
I wonder if there anyone else who uses the Expert PreOuts to feed subwoofer(s), whilst streaming music to the UPNP input?

As far as I can tell, there is a bug that seems to set the subwoofer signal at MAX VOLUME, regardless of the main volume. Gave me quite a fright.

I am also using a crossover filter on both main speakers, and preout channels, if that makes a difference. 

I’d like to get confirmation before I report it to Devialet.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
Just an update... this is unlikely to be Devialet's fault, as it works when streaming to DLNA from mobile devices and JRiver on a low-powered laptop. Must be something to do with the 64-bit JRiver on my main media PC.

Must say, now that I've sorted my room acoustics out and digital PEQ is near-redundant, DLNA/UPnP shows a clear advance in musicality over a USB connection (from Mac Mini or Windows PC). Streaming from Neutron Player on my Galaxy Note 8 was sublime! Quite a surprise to me.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.