Poll: Which is your preferred UPnP control point?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Audirvana
16.82%
18 16.82%
JRiver
12.15%
13 12.15%
Kazoo
5.61%
6 5.61%
mConnect
8.41%
9 8.41%
BubbleUPnP
13.08%
14 13.08%
MediaMonkey
0.93%
1 0.93%
Synology MediaPlayer
2.80%
3 2.80%
Other
40.19%
43 40.19%
Total 107 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
UPnP control point survey
(19-Mar-2019, 04:14)Snoopy8 Wrote: Seems to me that this survey is dominated by Roon users who detract from the purpose of the survey. As a non Roon user, Upnp is a big benefit with my music on a NAS and given me options to do things.  Using Bubble Upnp.

I also have music stored on a NAS drive. What benefits are there to be had by using Bubble Upnp over Roon?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(29-Sep-2018, 09:22)kerkhoffd Wrote: Like PeterS I still use an external streamer afte many tries to get air working. Not very handy with computers, so benefit from a turn key solution that is pretty much bullit proof. Not upgraded to Pro either, because this combination delivers a fail free performance.

It does itch every once in a while when I ask myself if maybe sound quality might be better after upgrading to Pro CI. So who knows. Voted other since I use a Linn Akurate DS/1 to enjoy the music.
Same things here.

I have been using a dedicated PC for streaming music stored.locally on NAS server.

Have not upgraded to.pro ci, since trouble.free operation to all offered possibilities is not possible yet with the new models. Maybe after three years, with the next hardware update, things will change....

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
(19-Mar-2019, 05:08)Axel Wrote:
(19-Mar-2019, 04:14)Snoopy8 Wrote: Seems to me that this survey is dominated by Roon users who detract from the purpose of the survey. As a non Roon user, Upnp is a big benefit with my music on a NAS and given me options to do things.  Using Bubble Upnp.

I also have music stored on a NAS drive. What benefits are there to be had by using Bubble Upnp over Roon?
Agree there is no benefit of using BubbleUpnp for Roon Users. But this survey is not about Roon users.  It is for non-Roon users using Upnp...