Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Devialet app is broken on iOS 14.2
So, for some reason my Phantom disappeared from the list of AirPlay devices. Fine, I open the Devialet app and it offers to setup a new product. What? It was already setup.
At the bottom of the screen a link: why can't I see devices I already added. Tapped on that and followed the instructions which eventually asked me to press the back button three times, which resulted in a reset of the Phantom.
Fine, now I go back to the Devialet app and try to add it again, but even though it sees the device, tapping the open wifi settings button does nothing.
So now my internet enabled device is furniture.
I had the same issue with the app.

However, I did not reset the Phantoms, because I have the app on another ipad and the speakers were showing fine there.

I just closed the app and when I came back to it 10 minutes later - one speaker (of the 2 I have) was showing. Closed the app and waited a few more minutes - and sure enough, both are showing and working fine.
(12-Dec-2020, 21:54)andraganescu Wrote: So, for some reason my Phantom disappeared from the list of AirPlay devices. Fine, I open the Devialet app and it offers to setup a new product. What? It was already setup.
At the bottom of the screen a link: why can't I see devices I already added. Tapped on that and followed the instructions which eventually asked me to press the back button three times, which resulted in a reset of the Phantom.
Fine, now I go back to the Devialet app and try to add it again, but even though it sees the device, tapping the open wifi settings button does nothing.
So now my internet enabled device is furniture.
Try to use the web interface to connect to the speakers. You'll have to use ethernet connection at first, but you'll be able to add the WiFi details in the web interface. You'll need to find the ip addresses of the speakers in your internet router interface, write them down and use your web browser to connect to the speakers, one at a time. Type the ip address in the address field. After the speakers are connected to your network you might be able to set up a stereo pair in the app. 

You could also try to get hold of an iDevice not updated to iOS 14.2 or an Android device to set up the speakers again. 

Here's what the web interface looks like

Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage