Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB Galvanic isolation implementation on EXPERT PRO with CI?
Hi guys, 

Just tried to google information about if USB galvanic isolation is implemented on the EXPERT/PRO/CI products, but can't find much information about it. I heard the CI release has greatly improved the USB performance but not sure the reason behind it.

Does anyone know about this? How is the current USB performance compare to AES/EBU and if it has the galvanic isolation? If not I guess its good to use a USB ISO regen?

Thanks
I had actually forgotten that I had tried the USB input on my Pro, then I had a thought, did a search and found this:

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-SOtM-SMS...ht=sms-200

It surprises me a little that we have not had more posts about the relative performance of the USB versus AES/EBU. Of course, it is difficult to compare the two, very source dependent and one is asynchronous, the other synchronous.

I do have a plan to try my sMS-200Ultra Neo and tX-USBultra via USB, but I am busy with other things at the moment and this is a long way down my "to do" list.

Has anyone tried some kind of USB versus AES/EBU comparison, or perhaps have some observations of the Pro performance via USB?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Im sure there was a post here about the Aries G1 or G2, where someone said USB was better than AES on the pro, but can’t remember who/where.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Thanks guys, I also remember that someone said in the PRO USB has been improved, I think I saw it from a Devialet notes... but I no longer can find any information about it now.

Usually good DAC should implement good isolation, i just want to confirm it.