Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB vs Air vs Ethernet?
Hi, guys, what is the "best" way to connect a macbook pro to Devialet 120, it is Air or USB or Ethernet?
I have right now a 4 meters Cardas USB cable, that works great, but I heard the Ethernet and Air are better...
I tried Air but the sound was annoyingly dropping all the time.
Thanks for your input!
Alex
try AIR_ETH. USB is also good but with AIR_ETH the drops will greatly reduce or I see drop once in a week like ... thats because somone in my home trying to access NAS.

So, i have now dedicated the NAS for Devialet only. but you have all music files on macbook then you should not see drops.

also try increasing buffer size from in the AIR application setting.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
Thanks for the tips, I'm trying now WIFI source with the buffer at 5000ms and it seems to be working.
Newbie question: AIR_ETH is your music database is connected to the Deviate using an ethernet cable, right?
Devialet ETH Port <-- (ETH cable) -- (Router/Switch/In my case Aiport Express ) -- (ETH Cable) --> NAS Driver
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"