Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to pair remote
Hi team,

After months of using Roon to control my Devialet, I found the need to use the Devialet remote to control the volume during replay from my Bluray player (and I would also like to do some tests with phase change).

I had the bad surprise to find out that both my remotes do not pair anymore with my Devialet.

I read the Devialet KB articles but they are just recommending to bring them close to each other but that didn't help unfortunately.

I also changed the batteries but no improvement.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
Maybe remotes are disabled in the configuration files?
(15-May-2020, 07:22)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: Maybe remotes are disabled in the configuration files?

If not, it should work by putting the remote on the top of the Expert towards the back. The rotate the wheel and it should pick up.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(15-May-2020, 07:22)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: Maybe remotes are disabled in the configuration files?

I will need to check that, I thought that one was activated by default when creating a new config.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
(16-May-2020, 06:21)bernardl Wrote:

I will need to check that, I thought that one was activated by default when creating a new config.

Cheers,
Bernard
I had this problem three or four years ago. As an experiment, and although I only have one remote, I upped the remote count from one to two in the Configurator. It worked, but I haven’t a clue why.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Thanks Alex!

Cheers,
Bernard
Btw, I finally tried setting up 2 remotes in the configurator and it fixed the pairing problem...

Cheers,
Bernard
(01-Jun-2020, 23:53)bernardl Wrote: Btw, I finally tried setting up 2 remotes in the configurator and it fixed the pairing problem...

Cheers,
Bernard

Glad it fixed your problem, Bernard!

Cheers,

Alex.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Thanks a lot for your help.

Cheers,
Bernard