Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to update to DOS 2
Hello, I bought a second hand Phantom 1, It has not been updated since 2019 (firmaware version: 1.14.2.13). I wanted to update it to DOS 2 to be able to pair it with an another phantom 1. To do so I followed this guide by Devialet

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...-I-Premier-

The speaker is detected, but the first step "download upgrade" if failing at 0%
[Image: IMG-2129.png]

I tried to restart the router, to do this step with 2 differents phones (ios and android), restarting the speaker. Internet is working fine and I can play music with spotify connect on the speaker.
Does anyone already has this issue ? Maybe the upgrade file that should be downloaded is not available anymore ?
Have you tried with wired ethernet? I think it would do the trick.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
The documentation say that the firmware is first downloaded on the phone, so it would be weird that this step fail beacause of something on the speaker, but its worth a try !
Update on this, I connected the phantom with an ethernet cable, unfortunately still not working Sad
(30-Aug-2023, 17:19)potagerdenavets Wrote: Update on this, I connected the phantom with an ethernet cable, unfortunately still not working Sad
Are you behind a firewall or in a country with restrictions in the internet? I would contact Devialet, maybe they can help. It might be possible to upload DOS 2 directly from a computer.

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
I also bought some (older) phantoms (Silver). When contacting Devialet about the problem I was told they could not be updated by the user (me), but they were happy to do it for me. I received shipping crates/boxes, labels, et c. It took 2 weeks or so. All free of charge at the time (December 2022).
Thanks for your answers, I indeed send a message to the devialet support yesterday and I'm still waiting for them to respond. About the firewall, I tried to download the update with mobile data by doing 1. Detect speaker connected via wifi, 2. Turn off wifi and download the firmware with mobile data, and theorically switch back to wifi to send the firmware when the download is finished but it does not work either. For country restrictions, I'm currently in France so as far as I known there is none Undecided

(31-Aug-2023, 12:48)curban Wrote: I also bought some (older) phantoms (Silver). When contacting Devialet about the problem I was told they could not be updated by the user (me), but they were happy to do it for me. I received shipping crates/boxes, labels, et c. It took 2 weeks or so. All free of charge at the time (December 2022).

Thanks for your feedback, sound like an heavy process but I may not have the choice.

Anyway, I'll keep you updated !
If possible, I would hook up the Phantoms via Ethernet directly to a router at a friend with a reliable wired Internet connection. My understanding is, that the Phantoms need a stable Internet connection while updating. Maybe this helps.

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
(31-Aug-2023, 14:09)seb Wrote: If possible, I would hook up the Phantoms via Ethernet directly to a router at a friend with a reliable wired Internet connection. My understanding is, that the Phantoms need a stable Internet connection while updating. Maybe this helps.

Yes for updating, it's always better having a good internet connection. It could help in case of a stereo pair to unplug one Phantom and try to run update, one by one. In any case, it's a good idea to contact the customer support.
Okay so last update on this as I finally manage to do the upgrade, the devialet support called me to discuss about my issue, they told me that was an issue that has been reported multiple times during the past week. Like Curban, they started a procedure to do the update for me in their workshop, while waiting for the shipping crates to be delivered, they noticed me that the issue has been resolved (was an issue on their servers). So i manage to do the update without returning the speaker.