Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Silver Volume
Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and recently purchased a pair of Phantom Silvers... I'm finding that the volume needs to be at a minimum of 10 before I can hear anything... and my listening volume ranges between 50 and 60 to get the showroom effect and feel (where I can feel the bass).

I never really paid attention to the listening volumes at the store and am wondering if there is something wrong with the way that I have set them up or with the speakers themselves.

Is 50-60 an average listening volume? What is your "regular" volume setting?

Thanks!
I tend to listen to mine between 35 and 45, but I have them on either side of my desk so I'm not exactly far away. I can certainly hear mine from volume level 4 and upwards, but as I said, I sit very close to my Phantoms.
Can you describe your room and placement of the phantoms? Are they on stands? Tree?

When I first got my pair of silver phantoms, I experienced similar in that I could not hear as well as feel the tremendous bass impact I was reading about. Listening "volume" was fine but as I cranked the system up more to much louder levers around 50 to 60, I would start to feel the bass energy. But still, it was pretty anemic. I was using my old cast iron speaker stands and simply placed the phantoms on top of them replacing my previous speakers.

When my Tree order finally arrived, I swapped those in place and immediately I heard a tangible improvement in bass energy in the room. I now heard more bass notes in music. But still, the bass impact was better but not great.

My room consists of a high vaulted ceiling and mostly flat reflective surfaces and wood flooring. I tried to treat the room to help reduce bass cancellation which helped somewhat, but I believe the lack of bass impact is due to the room.

Perhaps it's similar for you.
The obvious thing first, have you checked they are not on 'night' mode. How are they sited?
45 to 55 is normal with occasional very loud at 65

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for your comments. They are on branch stands. Room is 20ft x 20ft, 9 ft waffle ceiling with wood floors. Listening distance is about 14-15ft. 

Night mode is off. 

Did multiple factory resets as well. 

Thx
20 to 45 is normal with occasional very loud at 65
Thanks for your comments. They are on branch stands. Room is 20ft x 20ft, 9 ft waffle ceiling with wood floors. Listening distance is about 14-15ft. 

Night mode is off. 

Did multiple factory resets as well. 

Thx
I tend to listen at around 35-45 which still allows the bass response to come through assuming it is on the track. 65 is very loud. However my ceiling height is under 8 foot and the room is about 20' X 14' 6'' so less volume to fill. Have you tried connecting a CD player to one of the Phantoms to give a comparison with streaming or Bluetooth?