Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unifi Switch - Spark not finding Dialog
I have 4 Phantoms that I had connected through my UBNT Unifi Switch/Network.

Until recently everything was working great.  But then there was a recent upgrade to my UBNT Unifi network and now my Spark App cannot identify the Dialog on the network.  I have tried getting support from Devialet and UBNT Unifi but they have not been able to resolve my situation.

I have tried a new Dialog and it didn't help.

I then setup a new network using a new devices from "Amplifi" and I was able to get it to work.  So the issue has been isolated to my Unifi Network (I believe).

I have seen a lot of good networking discussions on this forum and am hoping I can get some help.
(02-Feb-2019, 18:28)flyingcloudisle Wrote: I have 4 Phantoms that I had connected through my UBNT Unifi Switch/Network.

Until recently everything was working great.  But then there was a recent upgrade to my UBNT Unifi network and now my Spark App cannot identify the Dialog on the network.  I have tried getting support from Devialet and UBNT Unifi but they have not been able to resolve my situation.

I then setup a new network using a new devices from "Amplifi" and I was able to get it to work.  So the issue has been isolated to my Unifi Network (I believe).

I have seen a lot of good networking discussions on this forum and am hoping I can get some help.

I had a similar problem recently. After thorough troubleshooting, I found the problem with the faulty voltage adapter of the switch.  Test if your switch is still working.
Remote >> 2x Silver Phantoms << Eth << Dialog UPNP << JRiver MediaCenter 24 - Ubuntu 18.04 x64 [VMWare] << File server - Windows 10 x64 [Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F, Xeon E3-1425 v5, 46 Tb, 16Gb DDR4 ECC]    * Spark is only used to update firmware *
(02-Feb-2019, 19:01)sekriT Wrote:
(02-Feb-2019, 18:28)flyingcloudisle Wrote: I have 4 Phantoms that I had connected through my UBNT Unifi Switch/Network.

I had a similar problem recently. After thorough troubleshooting, I found the problem with the faulty voltage adapter of the switch.  Test if your switch is still working.

I actually switched out the switch for a new one with new adapter.  The switch is working well.  I have 48 ports on it and all the other wired devices are working well.  I believe it might have something to do with the firewall or ports.
(02-Feb-2019, 19:04)flyingcloudisle Wrote:
(02-Feb-2019, 19:01)sekriT Wrote:

I actually switched out the switch for a new one with new adapter.  The switch is working well.  I have 48 ports on it and all the other wired devices are working well.  I believe it might have something to do with the firewall or ports.

If it is a managed switch, check the settings.  Normally, it should not block any port by default.  

Is dialog and phantoms getting IP address from DHCP server?

Try reverting back to the older switch firmware.
Remote >> 2x Silver Phantoms << Eth << Dialog UPNP << JRiver MediaCenter 24 - Ubuntu 18.04 x64 [VMWare] << File server - Windows 10 x64 [Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F, Xeon E3-1425 v5, 46 Tb, 16Gb DDR4 ECC]    * Spark is only used to update firmware *
(02-Feb-2019, 19:14)sekriT Wrote:
(02-Feb-2019, 19:04)flyingcloudisle Wrote:
(02-Feb-2019, 19:01)sekriT Wrote: I had a similar problem recently. After thorough troubleshooting, I found the problem with the faulty voltage adapter of the switch.  Test if your switch is still working.

If it is a managed switch, check the settings.  Normally, it should not block any port by default.  

Is dialog and phantoms getting IP address from DHCP server?

Try reverting back to the older switch firmware.

Its a managed switch but no ports seem blocked by default.
Yes, the IP address is from a DHCP server
I am unable to revert back due to my access point requiring this version.
This issue has been resolved.

I had a Naim Muso connected over Wi-fi and it was for some reason interfering with Devialet's connection. I wired the Naim Muso instead of the Wifi and my Devialet is stable now.