Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unified software
It was intended to unify software for Phantom & Expert. Based on OS as well as remote apps etc
With the new phantom software released anyone know if there is something for Expert also in the rollout?
Unified or not, I'd like to see a new software for the expert line. I upgraded it to PRO lile 2 years ago but still have an app from the 90s :-)

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk
I came here to open this thread and I am glad to see not being the only one having that kind of eagerness.

But I have one problem, Markush you are the insider of us to bring the news, we expect you to inform us!
Just out of curiosity, I searched for this:

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-UK-event...5#pid85585

I might be wrong, but I believe this was the first mention of a unified app for the both the Phantom and Expert. This was July 2019.

I must admit, I would very much like an enhanced app, maybe just with a few features such as tone control, SAM on / off, DPM on / off, this kind of thing. Unfortunately my hunch is that this not likely to happen any time soon, so best not to worry about it too much.

I have zero inside information though. This also makes me wonder if we will ever have another Devialet event at Oxford Audio. Last year it would have been impossible due to the Coronavirus restrictions, this might be the case this year too, maybe 2019 will stand as the last one ever? Perhaps @oxfordaudio might know more?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(04-Feb-2021, 17:32)ada Wrote: I came here to open this thread and I am glad to see not being the only one having that kind of eagerness.

But I have one problem, Markush you are the insider of us to bring the news, we expect you to inform us!

Normally I am quite well informed. But seems after the latest firmware update all resources have been very much focused on Phantom range again. Maybe pinging the support about status on bug fixes of firmware, Sweet Room, remote app etc. isn‘t a bad idea to raise awareness again from the community.
(04-Feb-2021, 19:05)Confused Wrote: Just out of curiosity, I searched for this:

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-UK-event...5#pid85585

I might be wrong, but I believe this was the first mention of a unified app for the both the Phantom and Expert.  This was July 2019.

I must admit, I would very much like an enhanced app, maybe just with a few features such as tone control, SAM on / off, DPM on / off, this kind of thing.  Unfortunately my hunch is that this not likely to happen any time soon, so best not to worry about it too much. 

I have zero inside information though.  This also makes me wonder if we will ever have another Devialet event at Oxford Audio.  Last year it would have been impossible due to the Coronavirus restrictions, this might be the case this year too, maybe 2019 will stand as the last one ever?  Perhaps @oxfordaudio might know more?

If Devialet 'unifies' the 48kHz limit for Expert amps too we'll probably see quite a few used Devialet amps for sale.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I may be wrong but I have the impression that many Pro users use Roon which controls the on/off and volume of the amp so the Devialet app gets very little use.

As far as I am concerned I am only using it when using my Esoteric streamer/dac that is not yet Roon ready.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
I was in the Rue Saumur store in October 2018 and was told of a unified app in development for 3rd quarter 2019. When it became Roon Ready in February 2019 a new app became a non-issue for me.

I am aware of some Expert product development and it does not involve dumbing down the frequency limit.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
(05-Feb-2021, 00:12)ssfas Wrote: I am aware of some Expert product development and it does not involve dumbing down the frequency limit.
What areas do you know so far?
(05-Feb-2021, 00:19)markush Wrote:
(05-Feb-2021, 00:12)ssfas Wrote: I am aware of some Expert product development and it does not involve dumbing down the frequency limit.
What areas do you know so far?

I don't want to betray something confidential, but the idea that Expert is going to be dumbed down to 48khz is a bit far-fetched. 

When I bought a 250 Pro in late 2016 I was promised Qobuz onboard. I was a little unhappy for a while that it didn't happen, but used an external server before the CI upgrade and bubble uPnP after that. With Roon Ready in February 2019 I forgot the broken promises. Spotify and Airplay onboard are important as my kids and wife use those, but the wife is now on Roon as she has a Reactor in her work studio.

What puzzles me is with all the spare processing power in the CI card, what were they planning to use it for?

I'm informed that Expert is considered fairly final state and I personally agree. It will never make a decent cup of coffee, but it does pretty much everything else.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.