Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unimpressed with 120/200 wall mount
The OEM and VERY over-priced 120/200 wall mount while due to complexity likely warrants the cost however the finished product is not what I'd consider a strong, well-designed or quality piece... and this from a man that has a Sharp Prototrak 3 axis CNC mill and EMCO Super 11CD lathe with DRO out in the garage. First off two of the four coupling feet were broken in the shipping package in spite of being very well packed. I'm inclined to believe they were broken before being packaged/shipped as they were stripped from being over-tightened. The little plastic feet that slip into the matching female housings on the back of the 120/200 had actually been stripped when assembled. Easy to tell because the black plastic thread helix had broken off and were stuck coiled around 2mm screw threads that are there to hold them in place. All four mounting points are more complicated than need be consisting of 4 orings in each corner to snub up against the wall and offer some measure of uncoupling/isolation which I'm fine with. The flip-side however uses two different size, large at bottom/small at top sets of machined white nylon sleeves with an alignment bushing on their underside that has a snug interference-fit into a bore drilled thru the mount and exiting in the center of the rings on opposite side. Then another pair of flat nylon washers to fit in the inside of the lower, larger mounting provisions but no corresponding smaller ones in the top. However, we're not done yet. Now there's 2 small and 2 large black plastic caps that the mounting feet of the Devialet mate up to and sit on after they're snapped in place on the business side of the mounting plate. Its not hard to assemble but is a bit fiddly/fidgety. Oh and a little dab of silicone grease on a cotton swab applied to those cap tops and bottom of Devialet feet to prevent that all-too-familiar 'sticky' Devialet feet issue. My idea, not Devialets!

Fortunately for me the broken/stripped pieces are acrylic so a "CA" (cyanoacrylate/super glue) repairs them strongly and fast! As far as sending pieces back to Devialet... been there/done that. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me!

Bottom line; it works but it consists of too many tiny, fragile and under-engineered parts. If you count all the parts in the kit there's 23 pieces including the actual mounting plate but not including any wall attachment hardware. Now that I've got the template, next time I'll make my own from 7075/6061 T6 billet aluminum and it will consist of a whopping ONE part TOTAL, save for whatever wall decoupling/isolation method I decide on.

For less well tooled, I'd recommend 4 screws directly into wall studs or drywall anchors using screws with 7mm OD heads dressed on head tops if too thick (test fit receivers on back of Devialet before installing). But bear in mind this is for 120/200 only and others "may" require different screw head dimensions.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
My wall mount is a made of wood and cartridge like screw hulls that fit into the mount openings of the ground plate of the Dev.
Costs: 4 Euro and half an hour of work Smile

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
That's EXACTLY why I recommended the DIY method! I wanted to purchase the OEM unit not so much to use, tho I will interimly, but to measure and write a program then CNC my own alloy version in-house this winter.
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
(10-Jul-2015, 12:52)Manoet Wrote: That's EXACTLY why I recommended the DIY method! I wanted to purchase the OEM unit not so much to use, tho I will interimly, but to measure and write a program then CNC my own alloy version in-house this winter.

If you do and want to make some more I'll have a couple at any sensible price Angel
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers