Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unofficial remote control application for Expert
(05-Dec-2020, 05:15)Melville Wrote: @gnulabis, great work from you, thank you.
Are you able to decode the AIR protocol?

In case it's of interest, I did some work on this a while back: https://devialetchat.com/Thread-AIR-streaming-protocol.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I am not familiar with the technicalities here. Could someone tell me what I have to do to get it running on an iPhone and/or macOS.Thanks
mac mini (2018, Latest MacOS, plain old iTunes) > no name USB cable or AIR3 over ethernet -> Devialet 200 -> Kimber 8TC -> KEF LS50
Sorry for the late reply, been very busy these past few days with work.

@Melville, great to hear that it is working for you. So, that means that it can work on Mac OS X and also on Devialet Expert 120. Regarding the AIR protocol, to be honest I've never used it, since for playing digital sources my Devialet is only connected via USB to my media PC.

@Axel , thank you for your kind words.

@thumb5, I had a quick look, I see a lot of similarities with the remote control protocol when it comes to the contents of the UDP packets. For example, if you are still interested, you might want to check if the "16-bit CRC" that you've spotted is in fact CRC-16/CCITT-FALSE. I used this online tool to help me quickly verify such things: https://crccalc.com/

@canyelles, this is is early development so, if you are not familiar with Python etc, it's probably not ready for you yet. I intend to improve a bit the documentation, installation instructions and procedure, but it's just not there yet. I also don't have a Mac, so I cannot really give you some quick instructions to try out. As for iPhone (and Android), there is no app yet, what I said is that based on the technologies used, it would 100% possible to have an iPhone/Android application at some point.
Devialet Expert 200 | Linn Sondek LP12 | KEF LS50 + KC62
Thanks @gnulabis, I'd forgotten that loose end (among many). That on-line CRC calculator is a good tool.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
@gnulabis, I have a dual mono configuration (Expert 440 pro). Out of curiosity to see whether it would work with my configuration I tried it with the latest Kivy.app (Kivy 2.0.0) virtual environment which I'd recently installed on my mac pro. (running macOS Big Sur)

It runs up fine but only parts appear to be working.
Gary.

Expert 440Pro, Audiovector SR6 AA, Linn KDSM, McIntosh MCD600, Clarity 09 TT (with Rega RB1000/Apheta), Rega IOS, Marantz SR6014
(11-Jan-2021, 17:18)garyUK Wrote: @gnulabis, I have a dual mono configuration (Expert 440 pro). Out of curiosity to see whether it would work with my configuration I tried it with the latest Kivy.app (Kivy 2.0.0) virtual environment which I'd recently installed on my mac pro. (running macOS Big Sur)

It runs up fine but only parts appear to be working.

@garyUK , thank you for the feedback.

I'm not familiar with the dual mono configuration. How does it work in terms of remote control? You only control one of the two amps? Does it work for you with the official Devialet Expert remote control application?

Which parts did not work in my application?

Cheers
@gnulabis, dual mono is essentially two identical amps connected as a Master/Companion (slave) in my case two Expert 220 Pros with each connecting to one of the speakers. The Master being the control point. You'll get the idea if you have a look at the online configurator.

When I tried your app I ran it on my mac pro as root as I wasn't sure what ports were being used and although it came up the only part that seemed to work correctly was powering up/down.

Because my mac pro is on a different floor to my listening room it's not ideal for testing the app so I'll set it up on my MacBook pro (running Catalina) so I can try in the same room.

I'll let you know when I've done so. I'll also try the official app.
Gary.

Expert 440Pro, Audiovector SR6 AA, Linn KDSM, McIntosh MCD600, Clarity 09 TT (with Rega RB1000/Apheta), Rega IOS, Marantz SR6014
(11-Jan-2021, 23:06)garyUK Wrote: @gnulabis, dual mono is essentially two identical amps connected as a Master/Companion (slave) in my case two Expert 220 Pros with each connecting to one of the speakers. The Master being the control point. You'll get the idea if you have a look at the online configurator.

When I tried your app I ran it on my mac pro as root as I wasn't sure what ports were being used and although it came up the only part that seemed to work correctly was powering up/down.

Because my mac pro is on a different floor to my listening room it's not ideal for testing the app so I'll set it up on my MacBook pro (running Catalina) so I can try in the same room.

I'll let you know when I've done so. I'll also try the official app.

All right, thanks for the clarification @garyUK.

If you could also do a wireshark capture and send it to me that would be great. I suspect that it has to do with the fact that the dual mono setup has double the number of input channels.

Cheers
@gnulabis, what exactly would you want in a wireshark capture?

I haven't tried your app on my MacBook pro yet but I have tried the official android app. Although the app says it may not work properly because of the later version of android on my phone it all seemed OK e.g. it showed all of my inputs (with correct names) and I could switch between them, change volume etc.

Let me know what you'd like in the capture.

Thanks.
Gary.

(12-Jan-2021, 10:23)garyUK Wrote: @gnulabis, what exactly would you want in a wireshark capture?

I haven't tried your app on my MacBook pro yet but I have tried the official android app. Although the app says it may not work properly because of the later version of android on my phone it all seemed OK e.g. it showed all of my inputs (with correct names) and I could switch between them, change volume etc.

Let me know what you'd like in the capture.

Thanks.

If you know how to use wireshark, you can start a capture with your Devialet switched on, let it capture for 5-10seconds and then try to mute/unmute, change a couple of channels and adjust the volume a bit using the official application. Then just save the capture and I'll have a look. The only important thing is that once you start doing the various operations, you write down what you did (and in what order) so that I can make sense of the various captured packets.

Many thanks!