Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Unpacking a upgraded 440 Pro
(17-Nov-2016, 16:19)helloworld1978 Wrote: Yes I am in the U.K. The only issue is to enforce the regulations. I shall be contacting a solicitor.

Hi there. Please contact Antoine at Devialet UK:

antoine.pivron@devialet.com
Tel: +44 7469 717778 

He's a good guy and will help get this sorted, I'm sure.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
I am sorry to hear that too, not a shop I would recommend continuing to do business with, hope Devialet can assist you in a prompt resolution.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
What a shame. I know Audio Lounge and thought they were quite nice in any dealings I had.

Keep a copy of the ad or online sale stating that it was new as sometimes these things disappear.
The invoice will hopefully say new as well.
Shouldn't be too hard to enforce if you're sold something obviously not new under the guise of it being new.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Did I miss something? Is it certain that the dealer is at fault here? (Though I don't fancy the alternative explanation much either...)

Bad luck helloworld1978, and I hope you get it sorted out satisfactorily however this arose.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I think the dealers at fault if a customer buys something new and isn't happy with its condition and they don't swap it out immediately and resolve the matter.

(I possibly wrongly thought the unit looked used but might just be a manufacturing defect.)

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Yes, I do agree with that, and it doesn't sound as though they've been overly helpful.

(By the way, for the avoidance of doubt, my post wasn't specifically in reply to yours.)
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Update: Returned the units back to the shop on Saturday. There was rust at the bottom of the Master unit, the back cover was a mess, and the display had dust and marks inside. The manager at Audio Lounge wants them to be sent back to France. And I can expect to wait 1 to 2 weeks for a refund.
Auralic Mini (Sbooster LPSU), Rega RP8, Melco N1A, Devialet D200, Devialet 400, ELAC BS314, ELAC BS312, Sonus Faber Olympica 1, Audioquest (Victoria, Yosemite, Vodka Cat7, Carbon USB) Chord Epic Master/Companion link, Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable, Inakustik Reference LS-803 speaker cable,Isotek premium mains cables, TCI mains cables, Atlas mains unfiltered distribution block, Supra filtered mains distribution block, and synergistic research (red/black fuse,sort kone), and vertexaq (silver-jaya).
That's .... shoddy.
(22-Nov-2016, 11:11)helloworld1978 Wrote: Update: Returned the units back to the shop on Saturday.  There was rust at the bottom of the Master unit, the back cover was a mess, and the display had dust and marks inside. The manager at Audio Lounge wants them to be sent back to France. And I can expect to wait 1 to 2 weeks for a refund.

Did you manage to speak to Devialet UK?

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(22-Nov-2016, 11:48)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(22-Nov-2016, 11:11)helloworld1978 Wrote: Update: Returned the units back to the shop on Saturday.  There was rust at the bottom of the Master unit, the back cover was a mess, and the display had dust and marks inside. The manager at Audio Lounge wants them to be sent back to France. And I can expect to wait 1 to 2 weeks for a refund.

Did you manage to speak to Devialet UK?

Guillaume

Thanks Guillaume,

I did contact Devialet UK and was told that photos of the product have been sent to France and now we are waiting for their decision, which should be by the end of this week.  
Auralic Mini (Sbooster LPSU), Rega RP8, Melco N1A, Devialet D200, Devialet 400, ELAC BS314, ELAC BS312, Sonus Faber Olympica 1, Audioquest (Victoria, Yosemite, Vodka Cat7, Carbon USB) Chord Epic Master/Companion link, Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable, Inakustik Reference LS-803 speaker cable,Isotek premium mains cables, TCI mains cables, Atlas mains unfiltered distribution block, Supra filtered mains distribution block, and synergistic research (red/black fuse,sort kone), and vertexaq (silver-jaya).