Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unreliable Sound from Phantom 1
Hi, we have 2 Phantom I's setup and starting a few weeks ago they would suddenly stop playing music.

Music is cast to the speakers from an iPad Air 2, both the iPad and Phantoms are on a network just for them, the reactors are placed around 15-18 ft away from each other so running an ethernet cable between would not be ideal. Music is mainly streamed from Spotify.
The most common scene where the music would stop playing is when the iPad leaves the Devialet or Spotify apps
We have tried soft resets (unplug for 15 seconds, hold the power button until the speaker makes a 'clapping' sound) and the soft resets have restored the Reactors to regular operating capabilities but the glitch is quick to appear again.
Is there a fix or workaround you can recommend?

iPad Air -> iPadOS 14.3
Phantoms -> DOS 2.12.3
Make sure both phantoms are on the same power line or strip. I did this and now everything works smoothly.
(12-Feb-2021, 15:23)ITforRM Wrote: Hi, we have 2 Phantom I's setup and starting a few weeks ago they would suddenly stop playing music.

Music is cast to the speakers from an iPad Air 2, both the iPad and Phantoms are on a network just for them, the reactors are placed around 15-18 ft away from each other so running an ethernet cable between would not be ideal. Music is mainly streamed from Spotify.
The most common scene where the music would stop playing is when the iPad leaves the Devialet or Spotify apps
We have tried soft resets (unplug for 15 seconds, hold the power button until the speaker makes a 'clapping' sound) and the soft resets have restored the Reactors to regular operating capabilities but the glitch is quick to appear again.
Is there a fix or workaround you can recommend?

iPad Air -> iPadOS 14.3
Phantoms -> DOS 2.12.3

Could be firmware related as 2.12.5 is being tested currently and should be released shortly. You should read some of the other threads on this forum and you'll see your issue is widespread and most likely related to the current firmware you have installed.
I have the same issue with my Phantom I's after upgrading to 2.12.3. I had them on ethernet, but also tried wifi and plc, as well as taking them out of stereo mode. I also did a hard reset with a fresh setup. Airplay stops working after playing 1 or 2 songs and I tried Roon and same thing happens. I emailed with Devialet support and they said its a known issue and they are "working on" a fix. Confused
Im on 2.12.5
Seems like problem resolved.

And the sound after the update change dramatically at my side!aka DOS1.