Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Update or not ? Sound quality and issues ?
Music 
Happy new year to all ! Glad to hear some having positive feedbacks ! Smile

Quick question : My Geminis chamber is showing the version without the serial on the app, just '1.0.21 ()', with another pair I had the chance to try on shows the serial in brackets.
The one I keep intially (without the serial in brackets) are the first received about December 15 from a local store, and the second came from Devialet online store about December 22.

Also, interesting point is the sound quality difference between the two pairs : the first one sounds more profound bass perfectly married with the high and meds, while the second have a more punchier bass and higher highs, a bit clearer, crispier to say so ;
But, I kinda prefer the first pair, It's hard to choose and want me to keep the two's out ! Big Grin
Let's say that the first pair lets me listening to the music played in a more 'funnier', enjoyable way, as the second lets me focusing more to the sound as it is clearly more detailed, like I can't enjoy it as the first one, and thinking more about the music played, listening carefully every second of it, as every sound is apart and that is some way more beautiful to listen, but fully mixed with all the sound around with the first one, this is how I can describe it.
I can't decide between the two's. Did anyone had the opportunity to try 2 pairs simultaneously also ?
And do you recommend to update the pair without the serial in brackets ? I did not update none of the pairs, as I'll send back the second and won't risk any issues with the current updates with the first one.

The issues I discovered, if they're some, are : 
- The right ear sometimes sounds at low balanced volume sometimes once connected, then rebalanced when reconnected. happened 3/4 times
- One ear at full volume once installed then the second is slowly coming from 0 to full volume a few seconds after. Happening often.
- Super low battery level of the pair as they stood in chamber fully charged for hours, happened once.
- Some sound crackling/'bass bubbling' at full volume with high tracks and full bass on, probably normal due to the bass intensity on these tracks, one volume level down and it's ok back. Happening sometimes.
I confirm that the sound is different I just had my pair exchanged.
And I much prefer the sound after the update.
I don't really like the original version
The sound is complicated Smile