Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Update possibly today....SPOTIFY too.
Supposedly coming early next week...... 
According to Dev. chat this morning.
(03-Feb-2016, 15:12)Extra Gravity Wrote: Supposedly coming early next week...... 

I was told yesterday end of the week latest Smile

Aaaahhh - they didn't specify which week!
(03-Feb-2016, 15:24)Jamington2004 Wrote:
(03-Feb-2016, 15:12)Extra Gravity Wrote: Supposedly coming early next week...... 

The delays are horrific. They should specify a date 4 months after they reckon to release the update. That way we might expect a pleasent surprise.
Now I just get tired of waiting.
(04-Feb-2016, 09:24)eibet Wrote: Smile
(03-Feb-2016, 15:24)Jamington2004 Wrote:

The delays are horrific. They should specify a date 4 months after they reckon to release the update. That way we might expect a pleasent surprise.
Now I just get tired of waiting.

Just relax
Wise words.

It should come as a warning when purchasing! "Not suitable for those of a nervous or impatient disposition".....or "if you have high levels of stress this product may not be suitable. Please consult a hifi doctor if you are unsure"

I stopped fighting after the first few weeks - and the relaxed approach is much more enjoyable Smile
(04-Feb-2016, 11:32)Jamington2004 Wrote: Wise words.

It should come as a warning when purchasing! "Not suitable for those of a nervous or impatient disposition".....or "if you have high levels of stress this product may not be suitable. Please consult a hifi doctor if you are unsure"

I stopped fighting after the first few weeks - and the relaxed approach is much more enjoyable Smile

Think about this for a second.
The only thing you want right now is a snickers (in my case, it's Spotify for my Phantoms).
I then hold the Snickers in front of your nose and say "wait for it, wait for it, wait for it" for 6 months.
Be honest, would that not get you a little bit frustrated?

Anywho. I am usually pretty relaxed about these updates too. Like you said, we are getting quite used to it.

Good luck and enjoy, when the D-day arrives.
Spotify is just one of several important features. As many are unlikely to have both Spotify and Tidal, and those who prefer to rule out the effects of lossy compression are likely to choose Tidal, I would have thought the more important feature to add is direct NAS access without having to use a permanently "on" PC. Also there is the whole DSD file compatibility issue, where Devialet said they would be supporting it a year ago. I suspect it will be DSD->PCM anyway, but at least it is a feature that should be there. They put SO much money into the hardware, but seem to have a software development team size of 1
http://en.devialet.com/phantom-spotify-c...best-en-us

Is this the bluetooth way or the coming update? Dont have bluetooth so just wondering...
Seems like it's the coming update. Thanks for the link!
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(04-Feb-2016, 14:18)eibet Wrote:
(04-Feb-2016, 11:32)Jamington2004 Wrote: Wise words.

Think about this for a second.
The only thing you want right now is a snickers (in my case, it's Spotify for my Phantoms).
I then hold the Snickers in front of your nose and say "wait for it, wait for it, wait for it" for 6 months.
Be honest, would that not get you a little bit frustrated?

Anywho. I am usually pretty relaxed about these updates too. Like you said, we are getting quite used to it.

Good luck and enjoy, when the D-day arrives.

Anyone who visits this fantastic forum, even briefly, shouldn't be surprised by software delays/issues. It's just the Devialet way of doing things - sad but true. They would be far better off simply not making any announcements, but since they do, best thing is to ignore them. Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<