Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Update to OS2 and a “remote”
(29-Oct-2019, 18:59)kmjy Wrote: The new AirPlay implementation is supposed to remove the crackle that was present at high volumes and dynamically determine connection quality better.

DOS2 is more stable.
The crackle is still present with Spotify via AirPlay in DOS2. If you use Apple Music it's gone, both in DOS1 and DOS2.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(29-Oct-2019, 21:48)ragwo Wrote:
(29-Oct-2019, 18:59)kmjy Wrote: The new AirPlay implementation is supposed to remove the crackle that was present at high volumes and dynamically determine connection quality better.

DOS2 is more stable.
The crackle is still present with Spotify via AirPlay in DOS2. If you use Apple Music it's gone, both in DOS1 and DOS2.

Strange. I always got the crackle with DOS1 and Apple Music but don’t get it now with any source over AirPlay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
Does anyone know what they mean by “remote”? Does the hardware remote work OK in OS2?
(30-Oct-2019, 03:36)avidee Wrote: Does anyone know what they mean by “remote”? Does the hardware remote work OK in OS2?

I have the hardware remote (https://www.devialet.com/en-ca/accessori...er-remote/) and just updated to DOS2. I can confirm it's working with the new firmware. Just had to re-pair it after the update.
Awesome; that’s good to know. Thank you.

I guess they must mean the remote apps when they’re specifying them for OS1 and OS2.
Remote works great
(29-Oct-2019, 17:28)gvdaa69 Wrote: ****don't migrate****

Dear all,

i've got two silvers and a dialog. I've migrated to new system, but only one of the two can be migrated! 

I've got an old one (serial ending on EWM9) and the ones from this periode can't be upgraded. so my stereo setup is reduced to a mono.

after several conversations with support and my dutch importeur, my only solution is to upgrade (physicaly) to a new silver to get my stereo setup working again. Cost me around the €800 with the upgrade program they offered me. It sounds like a forced upgrade and a little bit as a scam.. but another quality option is more expensive.. so i'm between a rock and a hard place.  Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

so my advise... contact them before migrating!!!!

Gilbert

This is why updates should always be reversible. I can completely understand why you feel scammed.
Hopefully they'll fix this. I bet more people will run into this problem.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)