Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updated!
Hey @supaDean , thanks for the additional update. As you probably know already I'm a big fan of the Mutec. Had it in my system for a few years. I really miss it and will most likely buy a new one sometime this year..
I notice that you use USB from Roon to the SHD. Have you tried Roon Bridge and ethernet? According to this post https://www.minidsp.com/forum/shd-series...t=15#54436 at the minidsp forum it works well and sounds very good.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
No need for my implementation.

Though the Mutec has Roon Certification, it is not seen seen by my Roon Core because of its placement in my connectivity chain.

I recently wrote to miniDSP and they advised they're still working with Roon on certification. They have a new version of Volumio that is addressing Roon Certification. So, that's promising. My SHD currently is an uncertified Roon Endpoint, but I've no real need to use it as a Roon endpoint. It works great in CoreAudio Exclusive Mode. I don't think I'd hear any sound improvement via a different implementation.

Back in August 2020 I did some connectivity testing as follows:

Notes on MacMini (Roon core) / SHD / Roon endpoint
What I’ve found to work so far:

1. SHD connected to Roon Core via USB. Roon Core connected to router via WLAN. Roon sees the SHD and will play in CoreAudio Exclusive Mode. Sounds great.
2. SHD connected to Roon Core via ethernet cable. Roon Core connected to router via WLAN. Works as uncertified Roon Endpoint. Sounds great. Volumio does NOT see SHD via web browser. Connecting using this method via short ethernet cable is recommended by Roonlabs.
3. SHD connected to router via ethernet cable. Roon Core connected to router via WLAN. Works as uncertified Roon Endpoint. Volumio DOES see SHD via web browser. Sounds great.
2 Channel Power / Signal Path: APC H15 → Mistral Audio W-3900 → Custom Roon Server → Silent Angel Bonn N8 → Silent Angel Forester F1 → miniDSP SHD Studio → Mutec MC-3+ USB → Devialet Phantom I 108dB

Headphone iFi Audio iDSD Signature → Grado GS1000i