Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updates expected???
Hey all,

I wrote the following in a sub post a while ago, wondering is generally anyone has an idea:

“Hi all, 

Any rumours on when 2.16 is being released? I find it a pretty long wait to be honest. I noticed that the app now has a button to turn off the system, great improvement. Now I would like to do the same via the IP control so I can make my own remote (with a set of smart plugs) and my smart home system. I'm just hoping they won't give up on development :-P 

Cheers”
(06-Oct-2022, 14:26)JustinR Wrote: Hey all,

I wrote the following in a sub post a while ago, wondering is generally anyone has an idea:

“Hi all, 

Any rumours on when 2.16 is being released? I find it a pretty long wait to be honest. I noticed that the app now has a button to turn off the system, great improvement. Now I would like to do the same via the IP control so I can make my own remote (with a set of smart plugs) and my smart home system. I'm just hoping they won't give up on development :-P 

Cheers”

I plotted the release cadence back in this post.  Although we don't have too many datapoints to go on yet in the DOS 2 era (i.e. from 2.12 to 2.14) Devialet has dropped a maintenance release roughly every 6 months.  After 2.14 in Jan 22 we got 2.15 in Apr 22, although it turned out to be Dione-only.  So we might expect 2.16 any time from about now (6 months since last) to Jan 23 (12 months since last-1).  

However I stick to my last statement in that post:  "Although steady on, this is Devialet, so as usual predictions are difficult - especially where they pertain to the future."
2.16.1 just released for Dione

DEVIALET DIONE] Release notes - DOS 2.16.1
This release includes the following improvements, compared to DOS 2.15.5:
Improved compatibility with certain TV models
HDMI and Dolby related fixes and improvements
Support of the HTTP command API (more details HERE)
Other bug fixes and improvements

Phantom should follow soon

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Why would Phantom follow soon?
Best guess is that it will skip 2.16.x releases.
From what I understood from customer support sometime soon there will be a new release, they are in the testphase currently

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
And what’s to be expected feature wise?
Makes sense if they would say they are testing now. I'd anticipate something soonish for winter holiday season - AND based on their past track record. (It is getting a little late, down to the wire so to speak, to lock down for holiday 2022 though Wink so hopefully that means really soon as in any week!! fingers crossed, knocking on wood, waving some chicken bones or is it feathers? will use both... Smile