Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade from 220 Expert Pro CI to Dual Mono?
Seeking overall advice but one specific question is whether Core Infinity is needed on the slave. Thanks
Devialet 220, Mac Mini, Audirvana, Wireworld USB, Audioquest Castle Rock, KEF 207-2, Thorens TD 125 Mark II, SME 3009R, Benz Ruby, Wadia 121, OPPO BDP 105, McIntosh MC30, KEF LS 50, JL Audio E-Sub e112
If you already have a 220 Pro with Core Infinity, going dual mono would require a 220 Pro companion with the Core Infinity. Since the CI there is no difference between master and companion, they are interchangeable, of course you won’t have a remote for the companion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
(30-Aug-2018, 19:43)disarmamant Wrote: If you already have a 220 Pro with Core Infinity, going dual mono would require a 220 Pro companion with the Core Infinity. Since the CI there is no difference between master and companion, they are interchangeable, of course you won’t have a remote for the companion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. This raises more mysteries for me about how the signal path with two CI boards works.
Devialet 220, Mac Mini, Audirvana, Wireworld USB, Audioquest Castle Rock, KEF 207-2, Thorens TD 125 Mark II, SME 3009R, Benz Ruby, Wadia 121, OPPO BDP 105, McIntosh MC30, KEF LS 50, JL Audio E-Sub e112
(31-Aug-2018, 18:39)JoeW Wrote: Thanks. This raises more mysteries for me about how the signal path with two CI boards works.

In what respect?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
(31-Aug-2018, 20:34)disarmamant Wrote:
(31-Aug-2018, 18:39)JoeW Wrote: Thanks. This raises more mysteries for me about how the signal path with two CI boards works.

In what respect?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The CI board does come with a new clocking system. That could be a good reason for the need to have one in both chassis.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.