Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade from 220pro CI to 250pro CI or 440pro CI
Good to read my ears still work fine. Thanks!
By the way: I sold my 220 Pro CI and got a 250 Pro CI. More detail, more transparency, wider stage, roughly the same in the low department (still ML Summits). Happy with it.

Got drop-outs with Roon connected by gigabit ethernet on the 220 and again on the 250.
Probably the Raat bug? Should I change gigabit to lower speeds or what can I do?

Mark Levinson No585 | Denafrips Venus II 12th | Crystal Cable XLR | Crystal Cable Diamond2 USB | Crystal Cable Reference Diamond speaker cables | MartinLogan Expression ESL 13A | Roon Nucleus + Qobuz | TeddyPardo LPS for switch and Nucleus. (I gave up on Devialet)
WiFi or putting a 100 mbps switch in front of the Devialet should eliminate the dropouts.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
How much of a difference between 220 and 250?
13.6%
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(07-Jun-2020, 19:06)thumb5 Wrote: 13.6%
 Its much more significant if you go dual mono though (~127%).
Makes me wonder why that difference is so small for a single chassis. 250 has significantly thicker case and a copper plate at the bottom to dissipate heat. (Assuming the innards are the same for both models).
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
Well that percentage is Watts based, but on overall performance - how much of a difference there is between 220 pro vs 250 pro resp. 440 pro vs 1000 Pro.
(08-Jun-2020, 07:03)markush Wrote: Well that percentage is Watts based, but on overall performance - how much of a difference there is between 220 pro vs 250 pro resp.  440 pro vs 1000 Pro.
I had the 440 pro and now I have the 1000 pro I would say the sound is different the 440 pro was more warm in sound while the 1000 pro har more resolution and are more dynamic!

I had to change my power cords those I did notice that my old power cords did not allow the 1000 pro to deliver all its potential.

I did also compare 220 pro and 250 pro and there was the same difference in sound..
Devialet 1000 PRO CI, Franco Serblin Ktema. Power Distribution Purist Audio Design AC Extension LE, Purist Audio Neptune speaker cable, Purist Audio Neptune Diamond power cable to Devialet, Purist Audio Aquila Digital Power Cord to Innuos Statement, Innuos PhoenixNET, Purist Audio Dominus digital For link between Devialet 1000 PRO. Purist Audio CAT 7, AVID - Sequel SP with SME 309 and Soundsmith - The Voice, IsoAcoustics Gaia II , Innuos Statement, Innuos PhoenixNET, Router with Ferrum Hypsos PSU.
I also upgraded from the 250 Pro to the 1000 Pro which results in a much more open, detailed  and expansive sound all produced without any effort being put on the amplifier ie you can listen comfortably at lower volumes without feeling a loss of detail or urge to crank up the volume unnecessarily. I defy anyone living in a normal house stretching a 1000 anywhere near its limit. It also produces, to my ears, a less brittle sound than the 250, a sound that does not fatigue after a limited period of time. 

At each upgrade of my systems, I have looked for more clarity, precision and detail that I have craved since my first mono records way back in the ‘60s. The 1000 delivers all of this in spades.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
This has also been my experience now having upgraded to the 1000 Pro.

jim
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roon for life, VPI Aries 3D le/Dynavector XV-1s, 1000 Pro, KEF Blade Two
Okanagan, British Columbia
As mentioned before, the difference between single unit and coupled units ( wheather Expert 220/440 Pro or Expert 250/1000 Pro) depends mainly on what kind of speakers you use. If you have speakers with active base (Martin logans and so many others) the difference is far, far less than if you have more difficult speakers to drive and control. Those might benefit enormously from the extra unit and its power.

My advise would be to always test drive a set and then decide. I decided to not buy an extra unit but instead invest in far better speaker cables which brought me so much more than the extra unit did. In the end it is what you hear and what makes your boat float. Happy listening!

Mark Levinson No585 | Denafrips Venus II 12th | Crystal Cable XLR | Crystal Cable Diamond2 USB | Crystal Cable Reference Diamond speaker cables | MartinLogan Expression ESL 13A | Roon Nucleus + Qobuz | TeddyPardo LPS for switch and Nucleus. (I gave up on Devialet)