Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade to Pro
Sorry of this is old news.  Has anyone got any news when the upgrade programme to Pro will begin again?  An 800 waiting to be upgraded here!
I was told by the Australian distributor that it will happen this year...
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(23-Jan-2018, 10:02)Pim Wrote: I was told by the Australian distributor that it will happen this year...

Thank you for your reply - very helpful!  I was told last Autumn when I complained about the shut off date, having just bought a companion!  Ah well......
(23-Jan-2018, 08:14)Lincolnlad Wrote: Sorry of this is old news.  Has anyone got any news when the upgrade programme to Pro will begin again?  An 800 waiting to be upgraded here!

I heard something about February. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Guillaume

Slightly off subject (sorry), and realise you're selling your O'dA's, but have you had them returned from the upgrade yet, and have you had a chance to hear the difference from the original O'dA.

Not trying to cause any angst here, but as the O'dA's will be the latest to have not just the CI upgrade, but also the Pro upgrade it would be good to know your thoughts (sorry if you've already posted your opinion).

@GuillaumeB
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
The old Experts models are working just fine (except air)

The new Pro models have a too buggy software

Why should any of the old guys wish to upgrade if the software is not ready yet?

Στάλθηκε από το ALE-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
Your statement is a bit surprising @Fragoulisnaval The old and new (Pro) Experts are working fine. If you use Roon, AIR is working. For some, Devialet's AIR is also working. I had no problems with my 250 before and have no problems after it was upgraded to Pro. In general we go after sound quality and for many of us Pro is better. If you are thinking about problems related to the new CI board I can agree, but the OP did not mention CI, just Pro.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I totally agree with @ogs. My D1000 pro worked fine even with Devialet AIR (I was one of the lucky ones Big Grin). It worked even better with Roon/AIR.

If talking about the CI Board upgrade then I also agree that there are some teething problems, but these are slowly being resolved - I am using Beta 10 version of software and that is certainly better than the original Release Version. As to the sound quality of the new CI Board, then, to my ears, there is a definite, very worthwhile, improvement over the D pro.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Every day something new of a problem arises regarding either the CI board, the integration, inputs not working etc.

I had been thonking of jumping to the Pro status once announced but then decided to wait and see what the new models will bring.

I am also waiting for an additional upgrade dates to be announced BUT I would like to see all problems solved. When I bought my D200, it eorled like a charm and still does, something I cannot say for the new (CI) models.

And I am too old to be a beta tester now....

https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?...9#pid71239