Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Uptone Audio Regen and Squeezebox Touch
Hi - just ordered a Regen to use with my SBT, given likely date for Dialog to work with my D200 as being end of year.

I recall seeing a thread about modding the kernel of the SBT to enable USB output to work with D200, but it's been deleted. 

Can anybody shed any light on this, or provide any tips?  Regen not due until mid-August, so no mad rush.  

Thanks,  Ken
Announce: Enhanced Digital Output app - USB Dac and 192k Digital Ouput
(22-Jul-2015, 22:51)ZincAlloy Wrote: Hi - just ordered a Regen to use with my SBT, given likely date for Dialog to work with my D200 as being end of year.

I recall seeing a thread about modding the kernel of the SBT to enable USB output to work with D200, but it's been deleted. 

Can anybody shed any light on this, or provide any tips?  Regen not due until mid-August, so no mad rush.  

Thanks,  Ken

That was a thread I started some time ago. Guillaume deleted the thread by accident while cleaning up forum spam back in May. I have not yet reposted, but may do so if there is any interest. I've tried the Regen with a Touch. Works very well.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(23-Jul-2015, 03:29)Esimon Wrote: Announce: Enhanced Digital Output app - USB Dac and 192k Digital Ouput

Thanks Simon - I saw this, but there's another thread where some D120 owners couldn't get it to work something to do with the USB input on the Devialet.   Having said that, I haven't tried it myself, so will give it a go.  I've EDO already installed, and playing via co-ax, so it should be a 5 minute job to test.

ATB, Ken
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT
(23-Jul-2015, 06:53)ogs Wrote:
(22-Jul-2015, 22:51)ZincAlloy Wrote: Hi - just ordered a Regen to use with my SBT, given likely date for Dialog to work with my D200 as being end of year.

Thanks,  Ken

That was a thread I started some time ago. Guillaume deleted the thread by accident while cleaning up forum spam back in May. I have not yet reposted, but may do so if there is any interest. I've tried the Regen with a Touch. Works very well.

Thanks ogs - will try the standard EDO mod via USB, as per my reply to Simon's  post.  If this doesn't work, I'll be back in touch asking for your your post!

Will let you know how I get on.

ATB, Ken
(23-Jul-2015, 06:53)ogs Wrote:

Thanks,  Ken

Hi ogs - could you repost your solution for getting the SBT to play via USB to the Devialet?  I've re-downloaded EDO, rebooted the SBT and updated my configuration file on the Devialet to enable USB - all to no avail. Am I missing something obvious?

Many thanks, Ken
Hi ogs - got this sorted. Had forgotten to update the kernel on the SBT. Initial impressions are that the USB from SBT to D200 is less harsh than the co-ax, and instrument separation seems better. So, if the Regen improves this further, I'll be delighted.

ATB, Ken
(13-Aug-2015, 19:51)ZincAlloy Wrote: Hi ogs - got this sorted.  Had forgotten to update the kernel on the SBT. Initial impressions are that the USB from SBT to D200 is less harsh than the co-ax, and instrument separation seems better.  So, if the Regen improves this further,  I'll be delighted.  

ATB, Ken

Good! Sorry for a late reply! I've been very busy lately so not checking in here often. I'll repost the info when I get back from travel in September.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB