Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using 1000 Pro and 440 Pro in concert
If I were to buy a 1000 Pro, there is a fair chance that I would have difficulties selling my existing 440 Pro.

I am aware that I could use both into bi-wired speakers (1000s to feed the bass, 440s the treble). Is there a value in this or would I be diluting the effect of the 1000s?

Fraser
Many users change from 440 to 1000 and forget the possibility using 2 x 440, which could be a better result than only 1 x 1000.
Of you have the chance, than try both.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
Thanks for this. Lateral thinking - and I had not considered the 4 x 440 option. A distinct possibility, and relatively easy to audition.

Other thoughts on my original proposal most welcome.

Fraser
(21-Nov-2019, 23:35)fraserhadden Wrote: Thanks for this. Lateral thinking - and I had not considered the 4 x 440 option. A distinct possibility, and relatively easy to audition.

Fraser

The only additional thing I can think of is that you may get problems pairing D1000 and 440 to the same remote. I would think it's easier to use either 2x440 or 2xD1000. Unless you use volume control on the player of course.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(23-Nov-2019, 09:37)ogs Wrote:
(21-Nov-2019, 23:35)fraserhadden Wrote: Thanks for this. Lateral thinking - and I had not considered the 4 x 440 option. A distinct possibility, and relatively easy to audition.

Fraser

The only additional thing I can think of is that you may get problems pairing D1000 and 440 to the same remote. I would think it's easier to use either 2x440 or 2xD1000. Unless you use volume control on the player of course.

I've used either remote on 200 and Od'A. Not a problem.
Fraser, what speakers do you have? Is there a possibility to go crossover-less? That would be a real improvement if (big if) you can get it right.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Ogs: How does the remote control work? Maybe it communicates with the Master device only and the Master then relays details of volume, tone and balance to its Companion or Companions. If so, no problem.

Pim: I am thinking forwards. For coming up 40 years, I have used Yamaha NS 1000Ms which have reflected changes in the front-end failthfully. My thinking is that the obvious, to me, next step of upgrading to a 1000 Pro may leave me with my existing 440s unemployed as the Yamahas are single-wire only. I was just canvassing ideas as how best to use them if I changed speakers. I like the B&W800s but they may be overly ambitious for my 6.5m x 4.5m room. They are bi-wireable and so could 'employ' 4 amplifiers.

Fraser
(23-Nov-2019, 17:35)fraserhadden Wrote: Ogs: How does the remote control work? Maybe it communicates with the Master device only and the Master then relays details of volume, tone and balance to its Companion or Companions. If so, no problem.

As @Pim says he has used both remotes with both amps so this should not be a problem. Sorry for the false alarm!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(23-Nov-2019, 17:35)fraserhadden Wrote: Ogs: How does the remote control work? Maybe it communicates with the Master device only and the Master then relays details of volume, tone and balance to its Companion or Companions. If so, no problem.

Pim: I am thinking forwards. For coming up 40 years, I have used Yamaha NS 1000Ms which have reflected changes in the front-end failthfully. My thinking is that the obvious, to me, next step of upgrading to a 1000 Pro may leave me with my existing 440s unemployed as the Yamahas are single-wire only. I was just canvassing ideas as how best to use them if I changed speakers. I like the B&W800s but they may be overly ambitious for my 6.5m x 4.5m room. They are bi-wireable and so could 'employ' 4 amplifiers.

Fraser
Yes, in a multi-amp setup, the remote communicates with the master and the master distributes everything to the other amps. 

Concerning the multi amplification with the cross over performed digitally before the amplification, this is definitely the ideal if you can afford it, but it also requires that the speaker itself allows bypassing the filters completely. Beware of the fact that not every speaker that can be bi-wired allows that bypassing. 

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Thank you. Yes, I'm aware of the constraints under which I will operate. A very clever chap on another forum has actually rendered his NS1000s fully active, with external active x-over, but that is beyond me technically and financially.

I was hoping for a steer as to whether using the 1000 and 440 together would be better than the 1000 alone, but I suppose that no one has tried this.

Fraser
Out of curiosity, what is it you feel is missing with the 440 Pros that will be addressed by upgrading to the 1000 Pros?

If anyone else has moved from 440 Pro to 1000 Pro I would be interested as to the benefits of the change.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US