Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using 1000 Pro and 440 Pro in concert
Nothing is 'missing' as such. I went to my first, and thus far only, HiFi show a couple of years ago, and it was plain that, for me, the Law of Diminishing Returns cuts in at a much higher cost-point than I had realised.

Each Devialet move from 200 to 400 to 440 has yielded clear improvements to enjoyment, so I am proceeding on that basis.

Fraser
@fraserhadden What you said makes perfect sense, I completely understand, incremental improvements. Best of luck on your path forward, would love to hear where you end up.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(24-Nov-2019, 04:29)baddog Wrote: If anyone else has moved from 440 Pro to 1000 Pro I would be interested as to the benefits of the change.

While diagnosing a network problem with my 440 Devialet loaned me a 1000, and I was very impressed with how much better it sounded. My speakers are relatively small and efficient so I wasn't expecting much difference, but the 1000 really got a lot more out of my speakers, with across-the-board improvements but especially to soundstage and detail. I found a deal on a cosmetically distressed but internally upgraded D-Premier so now have my very own Expert Pro 1000 Core Infinity, and am loving it.

I also like what Dannythered wrote: "So no surprise the D1000 is better than a D440, is it a massive difference? No would be my response, it’s
subtle, a bit like the difference between a Linn Akurate and Linn Klimax Ds. The sound is perhaps more
analogue, smoother, fuller and detailed, the D1000 has tamed the brightness of my Sopras too.
I wouldn’t say the increase in purchase cost is worth the increase in sound quality, I loved the sound of my D440 and only upgraded as the costs were favourable. My D1000 will shortly be going back to Paris for the core infinity upgrade so the D440 will be reinstalled, I will let you you of any other thoughts. In my mind the D440 is the sweet spot in the Devialet line up for sound."

I sold my 440, so think that's also a possibility. I wouldn't want two 440s instead of one 1000. While I was selling my 440 I compared it to my 1000 again, as well as to one as a 220. It is nice to occasionally double check decisions. My listening confirmed my preference for the 1000 by a decent margin. I still find that the jump from stereo to dual-mono is the biggest difference, with the bigger amps a smaller but noticeable improvement.
The link yields '404 Not Found', presumably because it is a truncation.

Fraser
Sorry about that. I've copied inline instead of trying to link.