Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using D Prem as preamp
Please tell me how to post a picture, want to post a picture of the config.
have saved it as a screen shot
Music Room:
Devialet ODA, Vivid Audio G2 Series 2, Linn LP 12, Hercules, Ekos Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Achromat, Dewaudio Starmap and Startrail, Magnum Dynalab Tuner, Theta Transport, Kimber KS 2120 Digital, VD Hul Suernova. 
Roon'd for life, Tidal.

Bedroom: Ming Da 300B pre, Pass Labs XA 30.5, Sonus Faber Olympica III, Aqua La Scala dac, Ifi Zen Stream

Johannesburg,
South Africa.
How ould one configure the speaker terminals on the DP to ouput frequencies below the 250?
I get the one on the pre outs.
And how does one post pictures here?
Music Room:
Devialet ODA, Vivid Audio G2 Series 2, Linn LP 12, Hercules, Ekos Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Achromat, Dewaudio Starmap and Startrail, Magnum Dynalab Tuner, Theta Transport, Kimber KS 2120 Digital, VD Hul Suernova. 
Roon'd for life, Tidal.

Bedroom: Ming Da 300B pre, Pass Labs XA 30.5, Sonus Faber Olympica III, Aqua La Scala dac, Ifi Zen Stream

Johannesburg,
South Africa.
Maybe this is it?
On the pre outs:
Set the High pass settings and set the cross over to 250.
On the sepaker terminals:
Choose Low Pass and also 250?
Connect LF Terminals on speakers to Pre out of Dev and HF terminals of Dev to HF Terminals on the speakers?
Music Room:
Roon'd for life, Tidal.

Johannesburg,
South Africa.

Like so?
Music Room:
Roon'd for life, Tidal.

Johannesburg,
South Africa.
@georgev - please could you clarify what you're trying to achieve? A configuration that involves connecting the pre-amp outputs directly to your speaker terminals probably isn't a good plan - have I misunderstood something?

If you're trying to bi-amp your speakers so that the HF and LF units are driven separately then I think you're going to need more than just one D-Premier.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(30-Mar-2020, 12:26)thumb5 Wrote: @georgev - please could you clarify what you're trying to achieve?  A configuration that involves connecting the pre-amp outputs directly to your speaker terminals probably isn't a good plan - have I misunderstood something?

If you're trying to bi-amp your speakers so that the HF and LF units are driven separately then I think you're going to need more than just one D-Premier.
The Pre amp outputs are going to a Pass Labs XA 30.5, and from there to the HF terminals on my speakers, and i would hook up the speaker terminals of the D Prem directly to the LF terminals of the speakers.Looking at Bi-amping the speakers using the Pass for the Mids and Highs, and the DP for the Lows.
make sense? Currently usin the DP as a pre and the Pass as a Power amo.
Music Room:
Roon'd for life, Tidal.

Johannesburg,
South Africa.
(30-Mar-2020, 14:01)georgev Wrote:
(30-Mar-2020, 12:26)thumb5 Wrote: @georgev - please could you clarify what you're trying to achieve?  A configuration that involves connecting the pre-amp outputs directly to your speaker terminals probably isn't a good plan - have I misunderstood something?

The Pre amp outputs are going to a Pass Labs XA 30.5, and from there to the HF terminals on my speakers, and i would hook up the speaker terminals of the D Prem directly to the LF terminals of the speakers.Looking at Bi-amping the speakers using the Pass for the Mids and Highs, and the DP for the Lows.

Yes, that makes sense.  It's a bit different to what you said here:

(30-Mar-2020, 10:00)georgev Wrote: ...
Connect LF Terminals on speakers to Pre out of Dev and HF terminals of Dev to HF Terminals on the speakers?
Warwickshire, UK
(28-Mar-2020, 12:37)Stino Wrote: Interesting to a comparison between the D and the Pass power amplifier.

(30-Mar-2020, 15:29)thumb5 Wrote:
(30-Mar-2020, 14:01)georgev Wrote:

Yes, that makes sense.  It's a bit different to what you said here:

(30-Mar-2020, 10:00)georgev Wrote: ...
My apologies.

Think it would work well?
Can’t try it now as we are locked down.
Music Room:
Roon'd for life, Tidal.

Johannesburg,
South Africa.
@georgev No problem. Yes, I think it should work. Please let us know how it sounds, when you get chance to try it!
Warwickshire, UK
(30-Mar-2020, 12:06)georgev Wrote: Like so?

yes exactly...

you might have to adjust the relative levels between the speakers and the pre-out to match the gain of the two amplifiers, but yes this is the idea.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France