Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using a VLAN
(24-Jul-2020, 12:02)daibaron Wrote: @drizzt81
In you case you haven't really "isolated" the Phantoms... you just have separate networks managed by Vlans.
Make sure the Subnet is different for each Vlan.
The Phantom whole setup must be dedicated for one current Vlan.

Hi,

the phantoms are on a VLAN (81) with a different subnet (192.168.81.x) than the commodity network (0 and 192.168.2.x respectively).
  • When my iphone is connected  to the SSID with VLAN 81, I cannot see the Airplay devices on the commodity network- GREAT
  • When connected to the SSID with VLAN 0, I see all airplay devices (airplay 2, non phantom) immediately - GREAT
  • When connected to the SSID with VLAN 81, I sometimes see all of my phantoms. Sometimes I only see one of them. Sometimes none.  - Not so great Sad
@drizzt81

Can you confirm you don't "share" devices across Vlan or have Inter-LAN Routing ?
Are you able to ping other devices that belong to other Vlans ?
Please excuse my poor reputation
(24-Jul-2020, 14:21)drizzt81 Wrote: Hi,

the phantoms are on a VLAN (81) with a different subnet (192.168.81.x) than the commodity network (0 and 192.168.2.x respectively).
  • When my iphone is connected  to the SSID with VLAN 81, I cannot see the Airplay devices on the commodity network- GREAT
  • When connected to the SSID with VLAN 0, I see all airplay devices (airplay 2, non phantom) immediately - GREAT
  • When connected to the SSID with VLAN 81, I sometimes see all of my phantoms. Sometimes I only see one of them. Sometimes none.  - Not so great Sad

It seems that I have solved the issue: despite resetting my speakers, they ended up intermittently connecting to the wrong SSID with the wrong VLAN. I now have banned their MAC from the SSID and it seems this has solved my issues.

I had contacted Devialet on this topic and their response was not quite clear (e.g. how to remove the saved WLAN SSIDs)