Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Van mounted phantom gold car audio
I know it's a crazy Idea.
I want to be able to temporarily mount my devialet in the back of my sprinter camper.
Under the panel bed at rear. sound projecting out the open back doors
- What the power draw likely to be?
- We will have lithium batteries of 500 amp hours. (5 x 100 amp hours)
- Anything else I should be aware of with the above scenario?
(29-Sep-2018, 14:19)Aleph Wrote: I know it's a crazy Idea.
I want to be able to temporarily mount my devialet in the back of my sprinter camper.
Under the panel bed at rear. sound projecting out the open back doors
- What the power draw likely to be?
- We will have lithium batteries of 500 amp hours. (5 x 100 amp hours)
- Anything else I should be aware of with the above scenario?

Hi!  I tried this and wasn't able to get it working because I didn't have enough time to gather all of the parts.  The most important characteristic in the configuration needs to be its ability to create a pure sinewave.  If it can't do that then there will be a possibility that the phantom could be damaged.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
What kind of an inverter will i need to make this work?
(29-Sep-2018, 14:22)njaiswal Wrote: Hi!  I tried this and wasn't able to get it working because I didn't have enough time to gather all of the parts.  The most important characteristic in the configuration needs to be its ability to create a pure sinewave.  If it can't do that then there will be a possibility that the phantom could be damaged.

THAT I would DEFINITELY want to avoid!
Hi Aleph,
Look here, someone has already tested it! Wink

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Phantom-...ht=Battery
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(29-Sep-2018, 14:42)K4680 Wrote: Hi Aleph,
Look here, someone has already tested it! Wink

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Phantom-...ht=Battery

In short; don't do it.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I managed to get it working with one of those backup power batteries I have in the office last year. At full volume battery was estimating 20min and at mid volume somewhere around an hour if I’m not mistaken. It’s been a while though and I only plugged it in for testing I didn’t let it play for a full song. The battery I have is a lead acid one I believe but I saw people replacing the packs for lithium. https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/apc-pro-150..._UEALw_wcB
I’ve just done this. I had mechanic wire
Me In a whopping lithium battery in the boot and mounted a 1000watt inverter into the boot also. It has a trickle charge system on it which apparently will last for around approximately 5 hours without running the vehicle to charge.
It’s the same set up they put in camper vans with inverters.
So I’m just trying to work out how to secure one of the tree stands and keep it from moving, quite challenging in a 4x4 🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ Moving.
I have turned it on and had it playing music so it does work 🏻😎
Now there is also another hurdle for those who have 2 phantoms
If you want to use 1 it works via blue tooth, just hold the power button for 10 seconds and release, your Devialet phantom should appear in the blue tooth list.. select to connect and away you go.
However if you want to use 2 you cannot via blue tooth as they need a
Network to pair together…. For this you are suppossed to use WiFi!
If you do not have WiFi you need to buy a Tp link external router.
This will give you a network to be able to appear as a WiFi signal.
I’m
About to order one so wish me luck