Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Various problems after DOS 2.0 (reboots, autoswitch, 5Ghz wifi)
Since upgrading my 2x Phantom Golds (stereo pair) to DOS 2.0, I've had several problems:

1. Spontaneous system reboots (whoosh sound) at random times every few days.  Sometimes it's when I first start playing music, sometimes when music is already playing, and I think at least once or twice when nothing was playing.

2. Sometimes, one of the Phantoms will take several (3-4) minutes to boot when first plugged in or reset, instead of the usual 30-40sec.

3. Neither Phantom can see my 5GHz wifi net.  Previously, under DOS 1.4, both were able to connect to the Dialog's 5GHz net.  When I access the Phantom's web server, I can see on the Wifi tab that most 5GHz nets in my area are not detected.  Looking closer, it seems to be the nets using channel 44 that show up.  My net is on channel 161.  iirc, the Dialog's 5GHz net used a low channel as well...  hmmm.

4. One of the Phantom's (turntable into optical input) auto-switch capability does not work, and has to be manually selected.  The other Phantom's autoswitch works fine.  Under DOS 1.4, both of them worked.

Correspondence with Devialet support has been the usual several rounds of, "Can you try resetting it again?" - so I thought I'd try the forum, as the information is usually a lot better.
Sorry for the trouble you're having!
1. Which source do you use when this happens? AirPlay? Bluetooth? Roon? Optical input? UPnP?

2. When this happens, is it always the same speaker having a prolonged boot up time?

3. Have you tried to change your 5GHz to channel 44? Will the speaker connect to it then?

4. Have you tried another optical source on the optical input? Does the auto switch work if you unplug and then insert the optical cable in your turntable/RIAA when you played a record?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Thanks for the reply.  Answers:

1. Both inputs are optical, one to the left Phantom (computer), and one to the right (turntable)
  2. I think so, yes - the right one.
  3. Haven't had time to try it yet, will report back.  My channel is currently 161 in large part due to the fact that the DOS 1.4 Dialog 5Ghz net used a low channel and couldn't be adjusted, nor did it auto-adjust to avoid other nets.  Could be that the Phantoms are using some substandard wifi hardware that can't see 5Ghz channels other than 44...  So I'm interested if anyone out there is running 5Ghz with channels higher than 44 successfully. 
  4. I only have two digital sources, but I could try swapping them.  Interestingly, the right autoswitch does work when a record is playing and the digital connection unplugged/replugged.