Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Verizon Fios Media Server won’t output digital optical
Hi guys - I have just gotten Verizon Fios cable tv and for some reason I cannot get optical audio out to the phantoms.  I have connected multiple different optical cables between the cable box and the phantom (dialog and direct to phantom) and the Spark app lets me select the input but outputs no sound, and the app then deselects the inout a few seconds later. 

The optical cable has a red light at the end of it when connected to the cable box, and I can get the phantoms to play audio when I connect the optical between the phantoms and tv (which passes through the sound but with a lip sync lag. 

The fios box is called the Arris VMS1100. I have played with all the audio output settings and even in the diagnostics menu.  

Any suggestions?
Check the output format whether is bitstream or pcm enabled and choose digi output pcm

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
(04-Jun-2018, 04:42)Elztalbiker Wrote: Check the output format whether is bitstream or pcm enabled and choose digi output pcm

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Thanks.  I tried all 3 options of L-PCM, passthrough, and auto.  None seemed to work Sad