Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very very low bass and angry neighbours
Wink 
Hi,
Just moved to stereo gold from a single.
And updated to DOS2.
The move to stereo is absolutely crazy!
So crazy that my neighbours down stairs complain that there windows glass are shaking at 45% vol. Big Grin
Confused Confused Confused bass wise.
The filling i get is that the bass is so low that i cant cant hear the other instruments.
Somectimes it dont fill/sound right.

Is there sny thing i can do to suppress the bass?

Thanks...
(22-Nov-2019, 15:40)eladeb Wrote: Hi,
Just moved to stereo gold from a single.
And updated to DOS2.
The move to stereo is absolutely crazy!
So crazy that my neighbours down stairs complain that there windows glass are shaking at 45% vol. Big Grin
Confused Confused Confused bass wise.
The filling i get is that the bass is so low that i cant cant hear the other instruments.
Somectimes it dont fill/sound right.

Is there sny thing i can do to suppress the bass?

Thanks...

EQ is apparently coming in the app in the future, until then you will either have to apply EQ at source (which should be easy if you have a computer-based source like Audirvana or Roon) or try to tame it a bit in room.  One way would be to move the speakers out into the room if they are near room boundaries (corners are worst) although that is often not practical from a domestic perspective.  It doesn't change the bass that the speakers are producing but helps avoid interference between the direct and reflected sound that reinforces certain frequencies.
I used Dspeaker antimode 2.0 with mine. £500 extremely well spent and tidied up bass boom nicely in my room!
Hi guys,
Thanks!

I think il go with two-steps .
1.to buy some decent base for the speakers.

2. Il check some of your media server EQ suggestions .

Just one more.
If il connect some form of media server via toslink is one speaker connection is enough?or do i have to connect both speakers to the media server.

10x...
(22-Nov-2019, 21:17)eladeb Wrote: Hi guys,
Thanks!

I think il go with two-steps .
1.to buy some decent base for the speakers.

2. Il check some of your media server EQ suggestions .

Just one more.
If il connect some form of media server via toslink is one speaker connection is enough?or do i have to connect both speakers to the media server.

10x...

One speaker is fine, the one sends the signal to the other.  Good luck!
Thanks!
You could try some IsoAcoustics feet underneath. They de-couple very well. Not sure what type to use in the Phantom though. Maybe someone else has tried this and can chime in?

Edit: A little silicon in between the glass and the window of your downstairs neighbours would do well too. Not sure how you'll go about selling that idea though. Maybe get them to have a listen to your system and they'll understand the 'need' for bass.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
@Pim
The suggestion with the need for bass on the Devialet will surely convinced them (:
You might consider buying a DSP device for taming the base down. I had the exact same issue and it was unbearable.

Personally I bought a Hifiberry DSP for use with my Raspberry Pi and successfully bring the base down to acceptable level. The sound quality is much much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk