Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling Phantom Owners Sussex UK!
Hi just thought I would join up to see if anyone near me had a pair I could listen to?

3hrs from Hove to nearest dealer in Poole or a £30 train fare to go up to London! Sad

Am on hifiwigwam too but though I was stand a better chance asking on here Smile

Kind regards
Jamie
(26-Aug-2015, 17:33)Jamington2004 Wrote: Hi just thought I would join up to see if anyone near me had a pair I could listen to?

3hrs from Hove to nearest dealer in Poole or a £30 train fare to go up to London! Sad

Am on hifiwigwam too but though I was stand a better chance asking on here Smile

Kind regards
Jamie

Hi Jamie, no Phantom here yet but I understand my local dealers - Seven Integration - will be getting some in soon. Give them a shout.

Cheers

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
TOO LATE! 

I've only gone and got some on the way.....demo's annoy me anyway it always takes me a few weeks to get used to a new sound

GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE????? Smile
Made a great move - you won't be disappointed.
Mine seemed to settle after a couple of days and sound really good. To the point that I use them over the D250 setup I've also got. Don't expect too much out of Spark though, it's not great. And if you haven't got one, buy an Airport Express, it makes life a lot easier IMO.
I am more of a vinyl man.......so fingers crossed!!!! Smile

Whats a D250? just so I can get excited about how good they will be!
Ah Devialet integrated right? What speakers?
Me too - I've got a Pink Triangle Anniversary. Not really considered yet connecting it up to the Phantoms - maybe a job for the winter when I'm bored!
Speakers are some really old Celestion Ditton 66's - older than I am and will never be SAMmed but they sound awesome. It's testament to the Phantoms they can keep up with the big rig - bass in particular will go as low and as loud as the big dittons.
Cool....... Just a little ADC between phono stage and dialogue will do it apparently Smile

Yeah - I think the bass seems to be a given

I am more concerned with the mids and treble / whole sound as I am going from MF 500w class A / AB mono blocks - albeit quite bright, into very detailed Mordaunt Short Performance 6LE speakers (hence the reason for swapping as I am fed up of box swapping and constantly looking to change the sound a bit.....so maybe its just the speakers arent quite right, stunning as they are in general

But I have heard lots of good things on the phantom sound - so here's hoping!!