Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vivid B1
(16-Apr-2015, 09:02)Rodney Gold Wrote: I have G1's and D premier , have a pal with the v 1.5's with a 120 ( upgrading to G3's) , have another pal with B1's with a 200 , and another pal with  G2's with a lindemann amp , and yet another with G1's with a devialet 800 (col66's)
The B1's are a very good choice , you wont be dissapointed
ALL of the vivid speakers are amazing in my book .. Smile (But I *may* be biased)
The only thing I found with SAM, on a set of V1.5's is that at higher levels wiuth bassy stuff  you can hear the bass limiting , but at 50% SAM isntead of 100% , this goes away.

Rodney,

Where is the ability to limit SAM?  I don't see it anywhere on my remote or iphone app.  Do you do it on the card?

Thanks 

D200, KEF LS50 / Sumiko S9 Sub Bass,  Audience AU24SE speaker,  Wireworld Silver Electra PC,  Wireworld Platinum Starlight, Straightwire Link USB,  Macbook Pro,  System76 (linux) SSD Laptop,  TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750.  

living in Salt Lake City, USA
(22-May-2015, 16:50)bobertk Wrote: Rodney,

Where is the ability to limit SAM?  I don't see it anywhere on my remote or iphone app.  Do you do it on the card?

Thanks 

I thin this is done by pressing the tone button on the Remote until you get to the SAM settings and then use the volume controller knob thing (yes I am very technical), to adjust the SAM level.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(22-May-2015, 16:57)Womaz Wrote:

Thanks 

I thin this is done by pressing the tone button on the Remote until you get to the SAM settings and then use the volume controller knob thing (yes I am very technical), to adjust the SAM level.

All I get that way is SAM on/off. If I hold it I get the system status reports.  

D200, KEF LS50 / Sumiko S9 Sub Bass,  Audience AU24SE speaker,  Wireworld Silver Electra PC,  Wireworld Platinum Starlight, Straightwire Link USB,  Macbook Pro,  System76 (linux) SSD Laptop,  TP-LINK Archer C7 AC1750.  

(22-May-2015, 17:02)bobertk Wrote:
(22-May-2015, 16:57)Womaz Wrote:

Thanks 

All I get that way is SAM on/off. If I hold it I get the system status reports.  

Turn the dial?? Does this not work? We are talking about the remote here and not the remote app?
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
you can do 2 things: either you use the two buttons in the way that one switches SAM on and off and the other opens the tone settings. In this case you will find the SAM % as 4th option in the tone setting (balance, bass, treble, SAM). Or you define the middle button with SAM on/off. Then a long press brings you in the tone menu where again SAM % is the 4th option. This only works on the middle button, the right button will always show the system menu on a long press.
(22-May-2015, 18:36)Vivialet Wrote: you can do 2 things: either you use the two buttons in the way that one switches SAM on and off and the other opens the tone settings. In this case you will find the SAM % as 4th option in the tone setting (balance, bass, treble, SAM). Or you define the middle button with SAM on/off. Then a long press brings you in the tone menu where again SAM % is the 4th option. This only works on the middle button, the right button will always show the system menu on a long press.

I do not get SAM % as 4th option....

bobertk,

Do you have the bottom button, 6 o'clock position, set to be 'SAM on-off'? I think one of the buttons on the remote has to be configured to switch SAM on or off before a SAM percentage adjustment is available.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(22-May-2015, 23:15)Damon Wrote: bobertk,

Do you have the bottom button, 6 o'clock position, set to be 'SAM on-off'? I think one of the buttons on the remote has to be configured to switch SAM on or off before a SAM percentage adjustment is available.

right button, 5 o'clock is SAM toggle

(22-May-2015, 20:22)bobertk Wrote:
(22-May-2015, 18:36)Vivialet Wrote: you can do 2 things: either you use the two buttons in the way that one switches SAM on and off and the other opens the tone settings. In this case you will find the SAM % as 4th option in the tone setting (balance, bass, treble, SAM). Or you define the middle button with SAM on/off. Then a long press brings you in the tone menu where again SAM % is the 4th option. This only works on the middle button, the right button will always show the system menu on a long press.

I do not get SAM % as 4th option....
Vivalet

Does this negate the mute function, using bottom button for SAM/tone?  Or can mute be relegated elsewhere?  

There's the anniversary B1 out now

http://www.stereophile.com/content/day-3...its-stride

They got rid of the awful 'mouth' shaped port
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.