Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volume level changes automatically
On my Devialet 200 I notice the volume level drops significantly if I stop the music for a while and then start it again.  I do not mean pausing the 200.  I mean stopping my server which is connected via AES/EBU. I am not streaming.  All music is stored on the server.

Example: I get a telephone call so I stop the music server for 10 minutes.  After the call, I start playing music again but the volume level is less.  I never had this happen on any previous configuration with the server which I have had for 9 years so it has been thoroughly tested. It has to be the Devialet.

Is this normal?  Is there a setting to change?
(12-Sep-2015, 21:01)bentrider Wrote: On my Devialet 200 I notice the volume level drops significantly if I stop the music for a while and then start it again.  I do not mean pausing the 200.  I mean stopping my server which is connected via AES/EBU. I am not streaming.  All music is stored on the server.

Example: I get a telephone call so I stop the music server for 10 minutes.  After the call, I start playing music again but the volume level is less.  I never had this happen on any previous configuration with the server which I have had for 9 years so it has been thoroughly tested. It has to be the Devialet.

Is this normal?  Is there a setting to change?

There is Power Saving setting in the Configurator under General Settings. This reduces the volume if no music is playing or if remote is not used for a pre-set length of time. The factory setting is 5 minutes but this can be adjusted up or disabled.
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Thank you brit.