Poll: Which Devialet should I go for?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
D120
40.91%
9 40.91%
D200
59.09%
13 59.09%
Total 22 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D120 or 200 in a 25sqm room?
Recently, I auditioned the B&W CM10 S2 in a dealer and was quite impressed. Listening distance was only 2.5 meters and it was in an enclosed acoustically treated room of only 18 sqm. When I first saw the dealer's setup, I thought that the CM10's be good big for the room but I realized that sound separation from low to highs was still good.

I forgot to mention, I'm actually planning a 5.1 setup with projector as well. As my priority is more music than movies (70% / 30%), I'm considering whether to make the music system completely separate from the 5.1, or connect the D120/200 to the receiver via HT bypass.

So, another dilemma aside from D120/200 is whether to get a less expensive but separate 5.1 (e.g. B&W CM8/CMC/CM1 then a different 2-channel speaker set), or get higher level fronts and share it with music/HT duties (e.g. CM10 S2).

What do you guys think? Smile
Just calculate what is the price per Watt with 120 and 200...

200 is the cheapest Devialet gear in price per watt ratio.
You're absolutely right moreno1973 !
But don't you think a D200 to drive Focal Aria 906 is a little exaggerated ?
The price difference between D120 and D200 is more than 2 pairs of Aria 906 !
Even if money is not an issue, we should have consistency.
I say that, but may be I will go for a D200 and GT1 "only" Wink
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
In normal hearing situation with normal speakers (as your speaker) you listen to music with an average power of approx. 1 W with peaks of 10W and very extreme peaks of 50W. One of the core advantages of an Devialed amp is, that they all sound at equal levels. So in your room there is no reason why you need more then a Devialet 120 when it comes to power.
A Devialte 200 offers you more inputs and output flexibility if you need this or not is up to your setup. In tendency more and more music goes into the digital domain. In 10 years from now all music will be there (connected by Ethernet or WiFi), except maybe Phono.

Therefore I would go for the Devialet 120 and invest the saved money into a excellent source.