Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volume way too low when using optical
I was watching different movies with Apple TV as source to a TV and the optical output from the TV connected to the reactor.
The sound quality was fine, but the volume differed a lot from one movie to another.
The only way I could control the volume, was the touch-buttons at the reactor, since I did not have any wifi at this location.
The problem was, that some movies had the volume so low, that I had to use the TV speaker instead, since the reactor could not go higher.
And I don't mean unreasonable volume, simply enough to actually hear what is being said.

has anyone experience something similar?

And before you ask - no it was not any pirated movies with bad sound, this was new movies bought in the AppleTV, like "Star Wars", "Blade Runner" etc.
I am wondering if some of them being 4K HDR made a difference.
2 Silver Phantoms, 2 Reactor 600, 2 remotes, Dialog, Geckos, located in Denmark
(Edit: Never mind - you said no wifi.)

Hmmm. Why not connect the AppleTV to the speakers via AirPlay?  That would address any latency and take the TV out of the probable causes of the audio level issues you’re having.
I found that using optical provided the most volume in my Reactors. I've setup a mobile hotspot on my phone when wifi wasn't available. And the joined my appletv and Reactor to it for connectivity. The only gotcha is that you need the appletv remote to configure the appletv to use the phone wifi.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante