Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wake up Devialet !
I have seen no product launch concerning Phantoms for a super long timer now !!! Why ???
Come on Devialet, R&D fell asleep ?
They’re probably just finalising the colour. Platinum I’d imagine..... seems the most logical next step.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(17-Jul-2018, 21:47)Hifi_swlon Wrote: They’re probably just finalising the colour. Platinum I’d imagine..... seems the most logical next step.

Big Grin
No updates of radio channels since .......?????
(17-Jul-2018, 17:38)Olivier4444 Wrote: I have seen no product launch concerning Phantoms for a super long timer now !!!  Why ???
Come on Devialet, R&D fell asleep ?

I really hope that the new firmware and Spark, which are in the rumors for quite a while now, are released soon. I have no idea why it takes Devialet so long. Would be nice to get some official information about the path Phantom will be taking. As Phantom is so heavily dependent on firmware/software there is potential for some nice surprises, even for existing owners. My guess was that the new software will be released with the rollout of Apple AirPlay 2. Well, SONOS has already sent out an update ...

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
Bonjour, vous avez tous une enceinte phantom ?
Hello

A suggestion for the design: why not make the sides exchangeable? Like I could take of the gold and put on a red instead? Would look great!!

Herzliche Grüsse Ulrich 

PS The Phantom and the Devialet are great products and I have no reason to complain!
I need a dialogue with HDMI (ARC) and the possibility for a home cinema setup with the Phantoms. I hate using the Spark app for adjusting the volume, I need it to be adjustable with the Apple TV remote through ARC.

If Devialet release that, all is forgiven. Otherwise maybe it's time to go down the Sonos Amp route.
(31-Aug-2018, 15:55)Soundside Wrote: I need a dialogue with HDMI (ARC) and the possibility for a home cinema setup with the Phantoms. I hate using the Spark app for adjusting the volume, I need it to be adjustable with the Apple TV remote through ARC.

If Devialet release that, all is forgiven. Otherwise maybe it's time to go down the Sonos Amp route.

I was also frustrated by not being able to control the volume with the Apple TV remote, so I did a hack which enables that (for stereo at least). Requires a raspberry pi, I run model 3 I think, and some knowledge how to set it up though.

https://github.com/twalther/phantom-hdmi-cec/

Still waiting for hdmi, or something better, with surround on Dialog.
(31-Aug-2018, 16:35)walther Wrote:
(31-Aug-2018, 15:55)Soundside Wrote: I need a dialogue with HDMI (ARC) and the possibility for a home cinema setup with the Phantoms. I hate using the Spark app for adjusting the volume, I need it to be adjustable with the Apple TV remote through ARC.

I was also frustrated by not being able to control the volume with the Apple TV remote, so I did a hack which enables that (for stereo at least). Requires a raspberry pi, I run model 3 I think, and some knowledge how to set it up though.

https://github.com/twalther/phantom-hdmi-cec/

Still waiting for hdmi, or something better, with surround on Dialog.

Hi Walther. We have pretty much the same setup. Nice to hear that you got it to work with the raspberry pi, then you can change the volume with the TV remote or the ATV remote right?

I might give that a try, although I know nothing about how to set it up. It would be so nice if Devialet could just step up and make the surround HDMI/ARC dialog already.