Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wake up Devialet !
(31-Aug-2018, 16:49)Soundside Wrote:
(31-Aug-2018, 16:35)walther Wrote:
(31-Aug-2018, 15:55)Soundside Wrote: I need a dialogue with HDMI (ARC) and the possibility for a home cinema setup with the Phantoms. I hate using the Spark app for adjusting the volume, I need it to be adjustable with the Apple TV remote through ARC.

If Devialet release that, all is forgiven. Otherwise maybe it's time to go down the Sonos Amp route.

I was also frustrated by not being able to control the volume with the Apple TV remote, so I did a hack which enables that (for stereo at least). Requires a raspberry pi, I run model 3 I think, and some knowledge how to set it up though.

https://github.com/twalther/phantom-hdmi-cec/

Still waiting for hdmi, or something better, with surround on Dialog.

Hi Walther. We have pretty much the same setup. Nice to hear that you got it to work with the raspberry pi, then you can change the volume with the TV remote or the ATV remote right?

I might give that a try, although I know nothing about how to set it up. It would be so nice if Devialet could just step up and make the surround HDMI/ARC dialog already.

Yes, I can control the volume on the Phantoms with the Apple TV remote. It works by the Raspberry listening for hdmi-cec volume up and down (so the raspberry is also connected to the tv via hdmi, arc port) and then sending UPNP volume up and down (in steps of 2) to the Dialog/Phantoms. The audio goes from the Apple TV to the tv via hdmi and then to the Dialog or one of the Phantoms via optical/toslink. No volume adjustment in that chain, the Dialog/Phantoms control the volume. The tv has to be correctly set up as well to deliver the optical/toslink sound. The tv also got lip sync built in which makes it easy to get the Phantoms in sync.

Have worked fine for 7 months for me, but I only use the Apple TV and Spotify connect, no other connected equipment which might add to the equation.

Would have been much easier with a Dialog that has hdmi-arc though (eArc nowadays). Maybe Airplay2 will make some wonders.