Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warner Music Says Streaming Revenue Has Passed Downloads, and It Wants More
Warner Music Group says that last quarter, streaming music revenue passed revenue from selling downloads. It’s the first time a big music label has hit that milestone.

http://recode.net/2015/05/11/warner-musi...ants-more/

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
That must be why Roon...

http://www.tonepublications.com/spotligh...th-review/

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/conten...n-through/

...integrates Tidal.

They must have seen that just streaming your own music will become a thing of the past.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I think I would love Roon.

从我的 iPad 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

I am trialling Roon and it is fantastic. What a server / streaming control point should be all about. Better than Sonos IMO, especially where it amalgamates Tidal seamlessly, right there in your browser against your local music. A bit expensive, but then as someone said, many are happy to pay subscriptions to Microsoft, Adobe, Cloud and Backup solutions. They (Roon) are proposing constant development, so subscribing may indeed be justified.

At the moment the control point is MAC/PC only, but Roon have stated that tablet software will be released soon after Munich. As will DSD streaming.

You all owe it to yourself to at least check it out, 14 days free trial, don't forget to email them if you don't continue to subscription or you will be automatically charged. 10% off currently.

I sound like a salesman, but no connections here, just was waiting for something that did amalgamation and hyperlinking properly.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
The only struggle I have is that I recently purchased Audirvana +2 and was waiting with baited breath for their promised IOS app and Qobuz integration. Was hoping that might be announced at Munich but no rumours on this, so probably not.

Plus a Roon and Tidal subscription will set you back in the order of £30/month, so not insignificant to buy into that.

And no sign of Spark for the Expert range, which is disappointing.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
(14-May-2015, 06:55)AllenB Wrote: The only struggle I have is that I recently purchased Audirvana +2 and was waiting with baited breath for their promised IOS app and Qobuz integration. Was hoping that might be announced at Munich but no rumours on this, so probably not.
I dont have any inside line on it, but I kind of gave up hope waiting for that one a while back and just reverted back to iTunes remote….

That said, if it does ever appear, and if Qobuz ever materialises, I may go back to it as a source since I already bought it.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<