Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was DOS2 Released Accidentally Early?
(31-Oct-2019, 08:47)kmjy Wrote: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...om-Premier

In your screenshot there is also a button link to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is worth highlighting that Snoopy8 is correct in reading about the ’original’ migration date.

From your link above, the opening paragraph reads as follows

On November 4, our customers will be offered the possibility to update their Phantom Premier and Dialog products to the new DOS2 operating system.

Clearly, it has been available sooner and this page may simply have not been updated to reflect the change.
However, based on previous Devialet releases,  I would have expected a concerted social media fanfare announcement together with links to ’What is it..‘, ‘Do I need it..‘ and ‘How to..‘ etc, I.e. in order for an orderly migration process.

What we have now, based on some of the recent threads, is forumites migrating without, perhaps, understanding the consequences, all because this forum has alerted them, prematurely, to the release.

Ps - I hope this release does not go the same way as the recent macOS Catalina release in respect of the negativity generated.  It is after all a step in the right direction, even if it is a baby step.  Smile
(31-Oct-2019, 13:59)alandbush Wrote: What we have now, based on some of the recent threads, is forumites migrating without, perhaps, understanding the consequences, all because this forum has alerted them, prematurely, to the release.
The documentation is good, but unfortunately, many people, in their excitement, rushed in without reading the docs first. I hope that this does not sour people's feelings about DOS2.  The approach is correct in aiming for a stable platform before adding all the bits people want.
Has anyone upgraded Dialog as well to DOS2 and does it still drop out or crackle when using Optical? That is my main beef with the original software and will probably not upgrade if these problems still exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk