Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weak WIFI signal to Devialet 220 Pro
For about a month now I have not been able to stream anything above a basic CD quality music.  It stalls then jump tracks regardless if it is Qobuz, or my purchased files residing on my computer which acts as my Roon Core. Roon’s banner is Audio file loading slowly or Qubuz loading slowly.  Internet speed overall is 20MBPH’s or better and other than my computer and tablet nothing else on.  When I check internet net speed to the individual devices it shows my Devialet having a weak connection while my TV which is one foot away and in the same armoire having strong connection.  They are about 40 feet away from the modem with no major obstructions.

Although I generally only use RAAT the AIR is even worse; even local cd files skip. 

My system is Windows 10 computer with ROON Core via WIFI to Devialet 220 pro.  There is no option for ethernet connection.

Any thoughts why my Devialet would have a weak signal versus other items?  Again, this is new in the last month. The only change has been a ROON upgrade but I wouldn't think that would affect the WIFI signal to the Devialet
Devialet 220 Pro CI, IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze, B&W 804D's, Isoacoustics Gia II,  PS Audio P12,  Synergistic Research Devialet spec power Cord, Siltech 770L speaker cables, Qobuz, Roon Lifetime
                                    GTA, Canada
Unfortunately you seem to be affected by the dreaded problem between Roon and Devialet.
Usually it manifests itself when the bandwidth is too good, not when it’s too low.

Some people have resolved the issue by limiting the bandwidth towards the Devialet to under 100Mbps between the core and the Devialet with a switch or a similar device.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(26-Nov-2023, 17:58)Jean-Marie Wrote: Unfortunately you seem to be affected by the dreaded problem between Roon and Devialet.
Usually it manifests itself when the bandwidth is too good, not when it’s too low.

Some people have resolved the issue by limiting the bandwidth towards the Devialet to under 100Mbps between the core and the Devialet with a switch or a similar device.

Jean-Marie

Update**

Thanks Jean-Marie.  It may come down to that but I tried something that I SHOULD have tried first. I unplugged the mains and problem solved.  About 2 hours later the issue did return albeit not as bad as it was.  So, I unplugged again for about ½ hour.  It’s now been about 15 hours and running perfectly.  I can stream 192-24 from either my files or Qobuz. 

If it happens again I’ll contact Devialet as it seems that their may be something internally.

Thanks again
Devialet 220 Pro CI, IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze, B&W 804D's, Isoacoustics Gia II,  PS Audio P12,  Synergistic Research Devialet spec power Cord, Siltech 770L speaker cables, Qobuz, Roon Lifetime
                                    GTA, Canada