Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weak bass after 1.8.1.54 update
After updating my Dialog and 2 Gold Phantoms to 1.8.1.54, I get a feeling that the bass is a lot weaker than before. I have reset both the Dialog and Phantoms, but still the same. The domes do move, and I do have bass when I turn up the volume (>35).

This could of course have something to do with the fact that I don´t play as loud as I did when they were new, but even my wire commented on the lack of bass after the update. The night-mode is not activated.

Even if this is not because of the update, I miss a loudness-option in the Spark-app when playing on low volume (<30).

EDIT: After resetting I am also unable to pair the remote. Removed batteries several times as well. Will try to reset once more.
(25-Sep-2016, 21:37)qdos Wrote: After updating my Dialog and 2 Gold Phantoms to 1.8.1.54, I get a feeling that the bass is a lot weaker than before. I have reset both the Dialog and Phantoms, but still the same. The domes do move, and I do have bass when I turn up the volume (>35).

This could of course have something to do with the fact that I don´t play as loud as I did when they were new, but even my wire commented on the lack of bass after the update. The night-mode is not activated.

Even if this is not because of the update, I miss a loudness-option in the Spark-app when playing on low volume (<30).

EDIT: After resetting I am also unable to pair the remote. Removed batteries several times as well. Will try to reset once more.

Just do the complete factory reset excactly how discribed

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...and-Dialog
I got MUCH less bass after I switched my 45-day trial Silver phantoms against a pair of used (early production) Silver Phantoms. The first 45-day trial ones were WAY too much, but now I have to say that it is not enough, staring to move speakers on purpose towards walls to get more bass. Any idea ?
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.
(26-Sep-2016, 12:08)McChicken Wrote: I got MUCH less bass after I switched my 45-day trial Silver phantoms against a pair of used (early production) Silver Phantoms. The first 45-day trial ones were WAY too much, but now I have to say that it is not enough, staring to move speakers on purpose towards walls to get more bass. Any idea ?

I can't believe it.
Do a factory reset and run with dialog and spark
Just took receipt of a Gold Phantom. Noticed the bass is significantly weaker than the Silvers for sure. Bit bizarre since like you said the woofers are certainly moving significantly - just not a lot of kick to them for those of us who like their bass!
I heard both Silvers and Golds before purchasing my Golds.
Silvers have indeed more bass but IMO they sounded too boomy.
I seriously prefer the Golds which have better med/highs... and sound a lot closer to the Expert D200 which i sold... more HIFI for sure.
I still find that Golds have incredible bass (more would be too much for me)
(26-Sep-2016, 15:40)dogbait Wrote: Just took receipt of a Gold Phantom. Noticed the bass is significantly weaker than the Silvers for sure. Bit bizarre since like you said the woofers are certainly moving significantly - just not a lot of kick to them for those of us who like their bass!

??????????
Never heard the silvers, but my golds have incredible bass. I have not done the update. They sound so good now, I don't want to mess with them!
(26-Sep-2016, 12:08)McChicken Wrote: I got MUCH less bass after I switched my 45-day trial Silver phantoms against a pair of used (early production) Silver Phantoms. The first 45-day trial ones were WAY too much, but now I have to say that it is not enough, staring to move speakers on purpose towards walls to get more bass. Any idea ?

Is your night-shift mode on?

Night mode on?