Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weak bass after 1.8.1.54 update
I've done the update and bass is same as before on Golds.
I've done the update and bass is the same as before on silvers
Maybe even better :-)

And spark is top, fast and stable
(27-Sep-2016, 08:49)Johnnydev Wrote:
(26-Sep-2016, 12:08)McChicken Wrote: I got MUCH less bass after I switched my 45-day trial Silver phantoms against a pair of used (early production) Silver Phantoms. The first 45-day trial ones were WAY too much, but now I have to say that it is not enough, staring to move speakers on purpose towards walls to get more bass. Any idea ?

Night mode on?

NO no Night mode On, and I'm not kidding, had the 45-day ( used 40 days) and the 6 months old (?)  playing side-by-side
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.
(27-Sep-2016, 11:16)McChicken Wrote:
(27-Sep-2016, 08:49)Johnnydev Wrote:
(26-Sep-2016, 12:08)McChicken Wrote: I got MUCH less bass after I switched my 45-day trial Silver phantoms against a pair of used (early production) Silver Phantoms. The first 45-day trial ones were WAY too much, but now I have to say that it is not enough, staring to move speakers on purpose towards walls to get more bass. Any idea ?

Night mode on?

NO no Night mode On, and I'm not kidding, had the 45-day ( used 40 days) and the 6 months old (?)  playing side-by-side

Do BOTH have the same firmware and have both been reset?  Regardless, if true, this is troubling - even with different firmware.
[/quote]

Do BOTH have the same firmware and have both been reset?  Regardless, if true, this is troubling - even with different firmware.
[/quote]

Guys, this was like 5 months ago... I still have the used Silvers I bought, and they have never ever had the (overloaded) sub-bass that my then brand new 45-day trials had.
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.
Hi, Before i've read this thread i also had this feeling the Phantom had a less deeper sound.
Probably due to an audition loss or something else
Good afternoon,

I also update my two gold and notice much difference in total power, generally lowered performance.

First I thought they were my ears, but truly from minute 1 notice much difference, I played with a general volume of 55-60, and now and had to go up to 70-75 due to lack of power.

Someone tried to return to the software that comes factory?

Someone talked to devialet?
Hi,
There was a former firmware update which changed the linearity of the volume level. Maybe they did something similar now. You still have about 25 or 30 levels left to go to 100. Don't know how the linearity is in that range since I don't listen normally at these levels.

Greetings,
Krispo

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk