Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What’s happened with Devialet Help?
(17-Aug-2018, 21:37)Lincolnlad Wrote:
(06-Jun-2018, 21:55)Greg Wrote: I’ve owned Devialet products for approximately two and a half years and have followed an upgrade process, now the proud owner of an Expert 250 Pro C/I which really floats my boat. Over the previous period I have moved from owning a basic 120 and have followed all the upgrades as they became available. During that time I have always had a rapid response from Devialet to any question I have put to them. That is one of the reasons I have had little time for some of the negative posts about Devialet that can be readily read on this forum. However, this (for me) does not seem to be the case now. 

Since 24th May, I have submitted two (for me) important requests through Devialet Help, and apart from the general automated response promising me a reply within 72 hours, nothing has happened. I have sent reminder messages and even these have not been responded to. My requests have not been unreasonable, by way of example, it now appears you can no longer un-register a product from your account when, as I have, sold a product on. This prevents the new owner of the right to register his new ownership. Certainly that is not reasonable or fair for him.

Is my recent experience typical (have I been unreasonably dissing naysayers) or have I just been unfortunate? I want to retain faith in Devialet, but this experience is not helping.

All observations gratefully received.
I bought a 250 days before the upgrade programme was announced.  A couple of months later a 250 Companion was offered to me at a reasonable price so I bought that, all the while thinking I would upgrade the two in a little while.  Of course, the upgrade programme was stopped as I was saving up.  I complained and got a discount code for the next programme.   I kept asking when, no-one had an answer.
Now the upgrade programme is in full swing again (at a greatly increased price), I had a couple of questions to ask before going ahead ( like, what is my code worth?).  I asked them on 2 August (today being 17th).  Nothing.  I fortunately was given an email address of a Devaliet person who has been sort of helpful (at least he responded). I was asked to enter my discount code in the upgrade application - not recognised.  My contact apologised and said it would be at least another couple of weeks before I could expect a reply - they were short staffed.  Everyone knows France goes on holiday for August, so why did they launch the (expensive) programme, where there might be lots of enquiries 
) in the height of the summer season?  I really do despair.
As you have used my original message, I am responding just to say that since my contact problem was resolved by using Microsoft Edge/Explorer, I have absolutely no issue with Devialet Help. They have been good to me. Since, I’ve not checked if functionality has been restored using Safari as to date, I’ve had no need to contact them.
(06-Jun-2018, 21:55)Greg Wrote: I’ve owned Devialet products for approximately two and a half years and have followed an upgrade process, now the proud owner of an Expert 250 Pro C/I which really floats my boat. Over the previous period I have moved from owning a basic 120 and have followed all the upgrades as they became available. During that time I have always had a rapid response from Devialet to any question I have put to them. That is one of the reasons I have had little time for some of the negative posts about Devialet that can be readily read on this forum. However, this (for me) does not seem to be the case now. 

Since 24th May, I have submitted two (for me) important requests through Devialet Help, and apart from the general automated response promising me a reply within 72 hours, nothing has happened. I have sent reminder messages and even these have not been responded to. My requests have not been unreasonable, by way of example, it now appears you can no longer un-register a product from your account when, as I have, sold a product on. This prevents the new owner of the right to register his new ownership. Certainly that is not reasonable or fair for him.

Is my recent experience typical (have I been unreasonably dissing naysayers) or have I just been unfortunate? I want to retain faith in Devialet, but this experience is not helping.

I bought a 250 days before the upgrade programme was announced.  A couple of months later a 250 Companion was offered to me at a reasonable price so I bought that, all the while thinking I would upgrade the two in a little while.  Of course, the upgrade programme was stopped as I was saving up.  I complained and got a discount code for the next programme.   I kept asking when, no-one had an answer.
Now the upgrade programme is in full swing again (at a greatly increased price), I had a couple of questions to ask before going ahead ( like, what is my code worth?).  I asked them on 2 August (today being 17th).  Nothing.  I fortunately was given an email address of a Devaliet person who has been sort of helpful (at least he responded). I was asked to enter my discount code in the upgrade application - not recognised.  My contact apologised and said it would be at least another couple of weeks before I could expect a reply - they were short staffed.  Everyone knows France goes on holiday for August, so why did they launch the (expensive) programme, where there might be lots of enquiries 
) in the height of the summer season?
 I really do despair.
@Lincolnlad Having lived and worked in France, I know for sure that nothing happens in August, unless you happen to be in the hospitality business or government.  I, too, was surprised that the company launched the program during this time.  Confiture demain et bonne chance!
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
(17-Aug-2018, 22:02)Flashman Wrote:

I really do despair.
@Lincolnlad Having lived and worked in France, I know for sure that nothing happens in August, unless you happen to be in the hospitality business or government.  I, too, was surprised that the company launched the program during this time.  Confiture demain et bonne chance!

It’s now the 25th of August, and apart from a quick note from the Devialet person mentioned in my original post - nothing - well over three weeks!
Same experience with me

My first query was dealt with timeously, but the last one has yet to receive a reply

However, it is August and don't all French people go away on holiday for a few weeks?
               Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ET LF8bs, B&W AS700 sub.  2 x Dachshunds
(25-Aug-2018, 08:09)chrisc Wrote: Same experience with me

My first query was dealt with timeously, but the last one has yet to receive a reply

However, it is August and don't all French people go away on holiday for a few weeks?
@chrisc Yep, many do!
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
(25-Aug-2018, 05:34)Lincolnlad Wrote:
(17-Aug-2018, 22:02)Flashman Wrote:
(17-Aug-2018, 21:37)Lincolnlad Wrote: I bought a 250 days before the upgrade programme was announced.  A couple of months later a 250 Companion was offered to me at a reasonable price so I bought that, all the while thinking I would upgrade the two in a little while.  Of course, the upgrade programme was stopped as I was saving up.  I complained and got a discount code for the next programme.   I kept asking when, no-one had an answer.
 I really do despair.

It’s now the 25th of August, and apart from a quick note from the Devialet person mentioned in my original post - nothing - well over three weeks!
29th August and have received a very nice reply at last with apologies.
Does anybody have hints about how to get attention from Devialet Support? I've been calling customer support for over a month without getting past their tier-1 gatekeepers (who barely speak English anymore never mind understanding anything technical). Every time they promise that an engineer will call me, but that never happens and when I call they always insist that no tier-2 or anyone else is available.

I'm seeking direct contact information for someone at Devialet in higher-level customer support or engineering. Thanks.

There was a thread on this site, "Devialet support stop responding?" but it no longer exists. I hope I chose the right thread for this request.
(26-Oct-2018, 13:29)deviousalet Wrote: Does anybody have hints about how to get attention from Devialet Support? I've been calling customer support for over a month without getting past their tier-1 gatekeepers (who barely speak English anymore never mind understanding anything technical). Every time they promise that an engineer will call me, but that never happens and when I call they always insist that no tier-2 or anyone else is available.

I'm seeking direct contact information for someone at Devialet in higher-level customer support or engineering. Thanks.

There was a thread on this site, "Devialet support stop responding?" but it no longer exists. I hope I chose the right thread for this request.
Under your circumstances I would think an email to the CEO is warranted. I’m not sure of his address, but I would hazard a guess that this might work. franck.lebouchard@devialet.com
(26-Oct-2018, 18:54)Greg Wrote:
(26-Oct-2018, 13:29)deviousalet Wrote: Does anybody have hints about how to get attention from Devialet Support? I've been calling customer support for over a month without getting past their tier-1 gatekeepers (who barely speak English anymore never mind understanding anything technical). Every time they promise that an engineer will call me, but that never happens and when I call they always insist that no tier-2 or anyone else is available.

Under your circumstances I would think an email to the CEO is warranted. I’m not sure of his address, but I would hazard a guess that this might work. franck.lebouchard@devialet.com
So, @deviousalet, have you tried it? As said, I don’t know if the address I gave is right, but it fits in with other Devialet employees address format. I’ll add that when I personally have hit a brick wall trying to get a result from any company, contacting the CEO has been a method that has brought successful result. Don’t worry, you’ll not be hassling him. He’ll have an employee with a complaint management job description. Usually, such a route gets things done. If you haven’t, try it. Next time I have your sort of issue, I certainly will.
Thanks, Greg, I'll try it on Monday.