Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What’s your favorite sounding FW
I tried the new FW and didn’t like it.

I prefer 7.1.3

Love to hear your comments and recommendations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which model is this?
7.1.3 is really lovely, 10.1.0 is a touch more accurate in the bass area, but less 'holographic' . Adding SAM and there was no way back to 7.1.3 for me in my system.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Hardcore 7.1.3 fan here. Every update following that one got my system further away from the warmer, fluid & analog sound I prefer.
I've A/B tested them all upto 10.1.0. Luckily SAM doesn't do anything for my speakers.
8.1.3 wasn't too bad either. That was the current version when I bought the amp.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(26-Oct-2020, 16:25)Cylob Wrote: Hardcore 7.1.3 fan here. Every update following that one got my system further away from the warmer, fluid & analog sound I prefer.
I've A/B tested them all upto 10.1.0. Luckily SAM doesn't do anything for my speakers.
8.1.3 wasn't too bad either. That was the current version when I bought the amp.

+1
I feel exactly the same

Since you can now make your amp sound any way you want with sweet room, there’s no reason not to upgrade to the latest. I added a warm sound to mine and it is like owning two amps now.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(26-Oct-2020, 22:13)Pim Wrote: Since you can now make your amp sound any way you want with sweet room, there’s no reason not to upgrade to the latest. I added a warm sound to mine and it is like owning two amps now.

I find it very interesting, I’ll get a microphone and give it a try.

My preference of the older version isn’t based only on the tonal balance but mainly it’s sounds less digital
Thx